Controller Software Engineer
The Controller platform is part of an Canon multifunctional printer/copier/scanner and handles all generic platform activities on the Canon multifunctional, e.g. OS, drivers, libraries, security, user management, system access, peripherals. These platform activities are part of the engine’s so-called Controller software, which in its turn handles all logistic behavioral and storage processes of the Canon multifunctional.
The Controller Software Engineer designs Controller platform features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible and the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the SW engineer consults the Function Responsible and fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the design to be made of feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the Engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Who are we looking for?
- Has large expertise in used technologies (C#, C++, C, .NET, Java); keeps knowledge up-to date.
- Experience in working in teams.
- Experience in modern Software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Bachelor or Master in Computer/Software science or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- Pre: Knowledge of network protocols (LDAP, SMB, FTP, SharePoint)
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place.
- Pre: Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the used development environment / tools (Visual Studio, Azure DevOps).
- Good communicative skills.
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Pragmatic. Getting things done.
- Take ownership
- Proven ability to be very productive and disciplined team player.
- Able to make optimal choice between Quality and Time.
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analysis are finalized.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done, including colleagues outside of the engineering team.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.