OBD Calibration Engineer
Do you want to play a key role in developing the next generation diesel engines?
On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) is a precision-based technology embedded into PACCAR’s world-class diesel engines. It’s a digital communication system that provides a real-time snapshot of Engine and Aftertreatment performance to aid service technicians during repair. On-Board Diagnostics is about making a global impact while examining the tradeoffs between certification and robustness.
· ‘All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today’
o Always looking for Continuous Improvement to give the best product for our customers
· Calibration of OBD functions of the Engine air management system (EGR / Boost / NOx sensor) including involved sensors and actuators;
· Monitor interaction between different calibration teams for involved systems;
· Provide input to and support design, verification and validation process on engine and vehicle level;
· Support field data analysis for statistical analysis of OBD calibrations;
· Development of tools to control, maintain and optimize calibration processes (Simulations / HIL) and documentation.
• Bachelor of Master degree on mechanical or electrical engineering with an interest for automotive or vehicle engineering.
• Knowledge and experience with SAE 1939-71/73 CAN is mandatory.
• Basic knowledge on OBD regulation and OBD systems.
• Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams.
• Good Matlab/Simulink & MS-Office skills are mandatory.
• Good English skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch.
Ability to become quickly acquainted to complex and abstract issues;
· Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams;
· Enthusiasm to deal with complex systems and to take much pleasure in development of solutions for complex technical problems;
· Be willing to support vehicle test trials in dedicated conditions.
Yacht not only makes your step into the Dutch automotive industry more than worth it, we also make it really easy. The employment conditions are excellent and Yacht will take care of every last detail of your relocation.
• A unique challenge and a matching salary.
• Job security: you will immediately receive an employment contract for a year and the guarantee that we always have challenging assignments
for you with interesting start-ups, suppliers and OEMs in the Netherlands.
• Plenty of opportunity to develop yourself as an OBD Engineer. Yacht will support you with a personal development plan and a wide
range of study opportunities.
• Yacht will also take charge of all the arrangements concerning your application and relocation. We have a department that specializes in this and
they know exactly what needs to be done.
We also arrange and pay for your flight for the job interview. If it all works out, we’ll apply for your visa and help you find accommodation and,
for example, open your bank account in the
Netherlands. And we’ll obviously include your partner and children in the whole process. For a few more important basics, please also take a look at:
Yacht is the organisation of and for professionals. We connect the professionals and organisations that make the difference. Our goal is the optimal result: to offer you, as a professional, challenging work in which you can permanently improve our clients’ organisations. Are you one of the best professionals in your field? Do you want to work with colleagues to make the difference in leading (international) organisations? If so, we’d like to get to know you better.
As an OBD Engineer at Yacht, you will work on the development of electrical and electronic vehicle systems for exciting organisations. And you’ll work in an international environment with colleagues who are just as decisive and ambitious as you. What you’ll do here is work that really matters. You and your colleagues are the driving force behind progress.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.