The mission of the business intelligence team is to create a data-driven culture which empowers leaders to integrate data into daily decisions and strategic planning. We aim to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding the quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to easily identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making.
The Data Engineer’s role is to design and develop software and computer systems. This person implements designs by writing computer programs, updating and troubleshooting or repairing existing programs to optimize operational efficiency. This role is also responsible for helping to develop and implement future technology roadmap initiatives.
Programming & Code Writing (50%)
● Build scalable and reusable libraries
● Follow industry best practices for coding and implementing new projects
● Utilize agile and SDLC methodologies
Consulting & Partnership (25%)
● Serve as subject matter expert to create process and maintain templates for technical requirements gathering for functional and nonfunctional requirements in a standardized fashion
● Consult with business analysts to plan project execution including appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, resources, and establishing realistic completion times
● Utilize knowledge of technology roadmap to provide forward-thinking recommendations
● Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to bridge gaps, provide historical references, and design the appropriate processes
Troubleshooting & Continuous Improvement (25%)
● Troubleshoot, and provide technical guidance to resolve issues related to misaligned or inaccurate data or data fields or new customer requirements
● Resolve escalated reporting requests and communicate proactively and timely
● Maintain new release, migration, and sprint schedules for software upgrades, enhancements, and fixes to aid with product evolution
● Write QA/QC Scripts to conduct first round of testing and partner with BA team for test validation for new developments prior to moving to production
● Use industry knowledge & feedback to aid in the development of technology roadmap and future product(s) vision
● Document standard ways of working via QRGs, intranet pages, and video series
● 5-7 years software development experience with at least 3+ of years of experience as a data engineer
● Minimum of seven years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to the market
● Project Management and/or process improvement experience highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Python, R, Java, SQL, relational databases, ERP, DOMO or other data visualization tools i.e. Tableau
● Knowledge of SSIS & SQL Server technologies is desirable.
● Any experience with .NET / open source web development tools will be an advantage
● Experience with Google cloud platform (GCP) is preferred. But experience with Microsoft Azure / Amazon will be considered for this opportunity
● Any exposure to Kafka, Spark and Scala will be an added advantage
● Should demonstrate strong understanding of OOPS concepts and methodologies
● Strong understanding of software development
● Intrinsic motivation and problem-solving
● Proactive leadership, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
● Demonstrated continuous improvement, process documentation, and workflow skills
● Extensive experience with data analysis , modeling and data pipelining including : data cleaning, standardizing, scaling, tuning , scheduling and deployment
● Experience composing detailed technical documentation and procedures for data models
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
● Strong drive and commitment for delivering outstanding results
● Strong follow up and service orientation
A permanent position at Sourceright Netherlands, a test is part of the procedure.
I will tell you more about Sourceright and their contract and salary.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.