At Athlon International we are looking for a Lead Back End Developer for the MyAthlon team.
MyAthlon is the international customer portal of Athlon for interaction with customers from different organizations such as drivers, fleetmanagers and internal employees. The portal is currently active in 4 countries and is the primary contact for drivers to search for lease cars, configuration of their car, quote to order process, claim damage, expenses, update driver data and mileage, service history of cars and finances. It interacts with several local country backoffice systems in order to provide fleetmanagers with intelligence data of their fleet in reporting and dashboards. Employees use the portal to open accounts for drivers and fleetmanagers. There are several development teams working on the portal.
Business cases from the local countries indicate opportunities to improve efficiency and process optimization, which will be implemented by the MyAthlon-team in addition to a further rollout of the portal to other countries and expanding functionalities.
The team exists of2 Back End Developers, 2 Front End Developers, a Test Consultant, Business Analyst and Product Owner who manages the team.
The team is working with:
- Java development
- Data architecture and solution design
- Java Spring and Spring Boot
- CI/CD systems (Jenkins, Git)
- RESTful web services design and implementation
- Implementation of microservices;
- API definition languages (OpenAPI, Swagger, Jaml)
- Jira & Confluence tools
Role of Lead Back End Developer
The Lead Developer is the driving force behind the application architecture and will have a strong focus on code quality and guiding the team members in adopting and adhering to standards and best practices. It is not a management role, but the emphasis is on taking the lead and showing the right example, guiding others and confront when deviating from the standards.
An important aspect is to build more application knowledge and to keep the application architecture manageable. Besides that the Lead Developer should be able to bring together front end and back end developers where there is currently too much division.
General software design skills are more important than knowledge of any specific framework or tooling. We are looking for an experienced developer (Java back end) with a proven track record of designing applications, not the ‘look and feel’ but from a technical perspective. We are not looking for an Architect, but a Developer with experience in building application design.
- 10+ years of experience in Java back end development, of which recently in a similar lead role;
- Proven experience in application architecture c.q. designing applications (technical);
- Conceptual knowledge of front end development (Angular8, JS) to be able to form the connection between front and back end.
- Good knowledge of API and implementation of MicroServices.
- Hands on experience with Jira & Confluence tools.
- Enjoying to set up a Guild improving the collaboration and quality of code;
- Proactive and outgoing;
- Building relations and coaching team members;
- Start: as soon as possible
- Duration: 3 months, with possible extension (contracts at Athlon are always on a 3-month basis). Indication project 9 to 12 months.
- Hours: 36 to 40 hours
- Location: Almere, but working fully remote due to the corona situation
- Only English CV please
- We can not hire candidates from other agencies
Athlon – Getting you there
At Athlon, we are proud of our strong community and warm atmosphere. This empowers us to become one of the leading providers of business mobility solutions across Europe. Our dynamic business, the variety of projects and the freedom to shape them according to your own ideas, allow you to grow at Athlon. We facilitate your development with constructive feedback, trust and work-life balance. Athlon is a valued part of the Daimler group. We combine stability with a transformational spirit that lasts for more than 100 years now.
No matter what you want to achieve: We are getting you there.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.