Yacht Life Sciences has an opportunity for a Scientist Immunology, an interesting role for someone who is ready for the 1st or 2nd step after a PhD in the field of Immunology.
As a Scientist Immunology you will operate within the Global Centre of Excellence Immunology where your team works towards a better understanding of the development and functioning of the immune system and how this can be influenced by specialized nutrition. This knowledge is translated into innovative (medical) nutritional concepts and supported by scientific evidence.
As a Scientist Immunology you connect and facilitate direct collaborations between the Immunology research team and stakeholders focused on business translation. Within the Immunology team you will initiate, perform and support immunological research that is relevant for the healthy ageing category.
An important aspect of the work is to interact intensively with the external world (both public as well as private) and seek new collaborations and grant opportunities, with the goal to translate the latest scientific developments into short-, mid- and long-term scientific and business opportunities.
The role is part of a cross functional team, where you, as a Scientist Immunology, will lead and assist in projects that work on pre-clinical research with in-vivo and in-vitro models as well as support of clinical studies. Other responsibilities of your role might be:
- Manage complex research programs/ projects in multiple therapeutic areas
- Design discovery and innovation programs together with a multidisciplinary team
- Setting up public-private partnerships that support our business and research goals
- A finished or almost finished PhD in Immunology with a strong focus on translational research
- Strong and tangible experience in translating science into applications & marketable products
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders in a non-hierarchical, cross functional and international environment
- Preferably working experience in a business environment and/or Public Private Partnerships
- You have excellent communication skills (in English) to interact with internal stakeholders and with external stakeholders, such as Universities
- You have the ability to initiate, manage and lead complex research programs
- You have the ability to link research programs to business goals
- You like to give lectures and speak in public
This concerns a temporary secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible) via Yacht, full-time is strongly preferred (32 or 36 hours per week can be discussed). We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position, with a full-time salary between 3800 and 4400 euro gross per 4 week period (excluding 8% holiday allowance).
You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Our client has worldwide R&D facilities and established a new research & innovation center at the Utrecht Science Park. You will work in a life sciences innovation center for the development of new product concepts for Baby Nutrition and Medical Nutrition. They create formulas that provide clinically substantiated health benefits to vulnerable consumers – infants, toddlers, elderly and patients. Capitalizing on their numerous international pre-clinical and clinical collaborations, they aim to identify new nutritional intervention opportunities and develop innovative product forms.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.