In the Engineering IT Software department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2000). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment, and we are looking for senior DevOps/Build Engineers to complement the teams.
Implement and extend our software development environment (mostly C/C++/Python), in a blend of existing and new tooling. The focus of this job is on the build environment (the toolchains that translate source code into binaries and distribution/installation packages).
As a DevOps/Build Engineer you will be further developing the build part of the development environment as a member of an Agile team. With the team, you will be responsible for implementing new features, fixing issues and supporting users of the environment. You will closely collaborate with teams inside and outside of the Agile Release Train to deliver a stable and usable product.
- Enhancing the complex system of build rules (e.g. adding target platforms, programming languages, etc)
- Design and develop deployment environments for C/C++/Python/etc.
- Automating software build, test and integration processes
- Automating processes for security and compliance requirements
- Automating deployment, monitoring and IT management processes
- Improving performance of automated processes
- Further develop, implement and migrate to DevOps processes and products
- Migrate existing pipelines to cloud (ready) pipelines
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- At least 3 years’ experience with Linux and similar open source technologies
- Thorough knowledge of one or more scripting languages as Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell
- Experience with make based build systems
- Experience in analyzing requirements and create a design
- Experience in object oriented software languages as Java and C#
- Experience with GIT and preferable with ClearCase
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins, Artifactory
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience with Gradle (Groovy, Java)
- Experience with Scrum / Kanban / SAFe methodologies, including the appropriate tooling (e.g. Jira).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Bonus: Experience with Bazel and/or Conan.
- Bonus: Experience with DevOps technology from Cloud providers as Microsoft Azure and Google.
- Bonus: Knowledge of classical network technologies as IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling.
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Proactive personality
- A quick and eager learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Has a drive towards analyzing and solving problems
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Can be a DevOps key player
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Project for the duration of 12 months.
Context of the position
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.