In the role of Lab Automation Engineer, you work in our dedicated automation of lab solutions team. You will have a vital role in the implementation of automated solutions within R&D processes for enabling optimization, enhanced efficiency, and increased throughput of the Discovery and Development projects of Genmab. Your knowledge, expertise, and collaboration will develop automated solutions for our R&D end-users. In close cooperation with Lab Application Management, you will connect automated solutions to Genmab enterprise lab applications, and you will align with the Lab Equipment Support team regarding the equipment lifecycle. The Lab Automation team is part of the Lead Discovery & Technology department, providing state-of-the-art antibody technology and high content expertise to the research organization and delivering therapeutic antibody leads to other expert teams.
- As part of the Automated Lab Solutions specialization, you will contribute to the implementation and management of state-of-the-art robotics, liquid handling, and other automated systems in combination with lab applications for various business-critical laboratory processes.
- You are aware of the latest lab automation technology and life science robotics and will provide proactive feedback for technology innovation.
- You are responsible for fit-for-purpose script writing (robotics, data processing) in close collaboration with the users.
- You will have contact with vendors to support the purchase, implementation, maintenance, and planning of daily operations of various laboratory equipment/robotics.
- You will control and ensure the maintenance of crucial laboratory equipment/robotics.
- You contribute to the implementation of (GxP) software applications and systems when there is a need to integrate with automated solutions, in close collaboration with the relevant departments.
- You will provide proper documentation of the computerized solutions by writing applicable procedures and documentation and administration in lab notebooks and reports.
- You will train and guide the lab users to guarantee the implementation and the correct use of the automated solutions within the organization.
You are goal-oriented and have a 'getting things done' mentality. You take the initiative, enjoy working in a team, and inspire others with your enthusiasm. Moreover, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a bachelor's or master's degree in biotechnology or equivalent education, with at least 2 years of laboratory experience.
- You have expert knowledge of- and work experience in liquid handling or robotics in a life science setting.
- You have experience in programming and scripting (such as VB(A), VB.NET, Python, Java).
- You have a high interest in high-end laboratory automation technologies and innovations, and you strive to expand your knowledge.
- You are interested in change management of complex automated laboratory systems with multiple users.
- You are interested in running several projects in parallel and working in a flexible and service-minded way.
- You are motivated by high-quality results.
- There is a preference for applicants with experience in lab information management systems and databases (LIMS, ELN etc.)
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialized people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we, therefore, ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age, and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.