Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Associate Early Translational Research.
You will be a member of the translational research team, working on the development of therapeutic antibodies, and will be responsible for a broad set of in vitro experiments to study the mechanism of action and the anti-tumor activity of antibody products and to identify biomarkers. By investigating the mechanism of action and the anti-tumor activity of antibodies you contribute to identifying the optimal strategy to test antibody products in the clinic.
- You are responsible for the accurate design and execution of experiments in assigned research studies, with your up-to-date knowledge of, and experience with techniques in the field of immunology, tumor biology, cell biology, molecular biology and protein biochemistry.
- You document and process the test results, draw conclusions and report these to the team.
- You will place your experiments in the context of a translational research question to support (pre-)clinical development
- Your results will contribute to the preclinical data package included in regulatory filings.
- You will work closely with translational scientist
- Using your keen eye for detail and love of science, you will understand and grasp the fundamental concepts behind the assays.
- You have a finished Bachelor or Master degree in immunology, tumor biology and/or biotechnology (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role)
- You have professional experience (>2 years excluding internships) in techniques in the field of immunology and cell biology
- You have experience with cell culture, flow cytometry and functional cellular assays
- You are fluent in English
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands
- You have a ‘getting things done mentality', you are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, efficient and accurate and you enjoy working in a team.
- You take initiative, set high-quality standards, and keep a close eye on ways to improve your work.
- You are capable of running several experiments in parallel and to work in a flexible way.
- You are driven to work together on the development of a new generation of medicines.
Direct contract at our client, full-time. This position starts with a 1 year contract, and can covert into permanent after the 1st year. Salary depends on seniority (2800 - 3700 euro gross per month, excluding 8% holiday allowance).
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.