Place in the organization: The department Development is part of the innovation chain of Philips Consumer Lifestyle in the business unit Male Grooming. The department contains about 160 engineers divided in functionally specialized groups and is responsible for the development of Philips Shavers, Trimmers and Hybrids (One Blade). One of these specialized groups is Machining, Measuring and Materials and for this group we are looking for a Metrology Engineer.
Job-content: A Metrology Engineer owns the knowledge necessary to develop and maintain a measurement process within agreed performance indicators. As a Metrology Engineer you are responsible for the development and deployment of measurements of critical to quality (CTQ) parameters to support function development, process development and production processes in the factory. It involves the definition what to measure, the choice of data gathering (scanning), development of algorithms to process the data and formulate conclusions with function and process developers. State of the art measuring machines and different sensor technologies are used to measure our 3D shapes in an accuracy range of microns.
Main tasks: The following main tasks are relevant for this job:
- Software development of data processing algorithms in Python.
Develop measurement solutions for new products meaning:
- Assess new product proposals on measurability.
- Set up a scanning method including machine choice, fixture design and measuring scripts.
- Write a measurement solution document where the definition and solution are explained.
- Execute a measurement system analysis (MSA) to validate the accuracy of the solution.
- Define, set up and execute experiments to map causes of deviation.
- Write functional specifications for measurement solutions in the factory to steer the production process.
- Academic or Bachelor degree in preferably Metrology, Mechanics, Physics or Mathematics.
- Python programming on medior/senior level, experience with development tools like GIT, DevOps,
- Decisive, result driven and creative team player.
- Feeling for precision metal working and geometrical measurements.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate on different levels (internal customers, technical specialists, external suppliers).
If would like to be part of this project, please share:
- CV in English
- Motivation in English
- Holiday planning
- Hour Rate
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.