As an Electronic Hardware Designer you will be designing and developing the hardware for the control and acquisition subsystem for MR products for hospital and outpatient radiology facilities. You will work with a team of electrical hardware (RF, analog, mixed signal) and mechanical engineers, system engineering, manufacturing and service engineers to take products from concept through design into production using sound design approaches to meet the needs of our customers and their demanding environment.
You are a part of
You will be part of the R&D organization in the Business Unit Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare. The Business Unit MRI is a leading supplier for 1st line screening technology in Hospitals. MRI is one of the youngest and most innovative imaging technologies and is growing not only in applications but also in complexity of the system and acquisition techniques. It is the most suitable technology for soft tissue imaging due to its non-invasive nature. Imaging of neurologic and musculoskeletal structures is of key importance for our MRI products. The MRI R&D organization is responsible for hardware and software development including specification, integration, verification, validation and approbation of components from internal and external suppliers. The Data Acquisition System Hardware group develops and maintains MRI control and acquisition systems. The team consists of Analog & Digital Hardware Engineers.
You are responsible for
In this role as Electronic Hardware Designer you will be responsible for the design (models, schematics and layout), realization, integration and verification of Analog and Digital Designs in the MR Acquisition Sub-System on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications.
● Deliver high quality hardware design starting from requirements management till introduction in the factory (end to end).
● Actively participate in design maintenance and solving end-of-life issues.
● Document development efforts for the subsystem, component or module, including requirements, specifications, plans, reviews, test procedures, and test reports.
● Coordinate, support and execute product tests to provide a traceable verification of the product.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
● A Bachelor or Master in Electrical or Electronics Engineering
● At least 5 years’ experience in Electronic Hardware development, preferably in a (safety) regulated industry such as medical devices, gas appliances, aviation equipment etc.
Experience in the following:
● Electronic product design throughout the full development cycle (prototype, pre-production, production).
● Electronic Design: Analog mixed signal / DC-DC converters / High speed digital / FPGA / DSP.
● Electronic Design Flow: Design for manufacturing / Design for reliability / Model driven design
● Experience in simulation of electronic designs (SPICE, MatLab, Advanced Design System, Microwave office)
● Digital networking/connectivity: fiber optics, Ethernet, RS232, USB
● Interested in understanding and having an eye for the functionality of the full MR chain where the (to be) designed electronics are used.
● Strong communication skills, Team player.
Furthermore, you’re a disciplined team worker and are familiar working in multi-disciplinary multi-cultural teams. You have an accurate and quality minded attitude and are able to work independently with a pro-active personality.
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.200 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Next to that, there is a possibility to get a company car with fuel card. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and possibility to work from home. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Healthcare, Philips Innovation Services, Philips Research, ASML, TNO, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.