Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Associate Target Discovery.
You will be a member of the Target Discovery Team working on developing therapeutic knock-your-socks-off antibodies. You will be responsible for a broad set of in vitro experiments to identify novel targets for antibody products.
- You will work in a team of Scientists and Research Associates dedicated to discovering and developing therapeutic antibody products, discovering and validating novel targets.
- With your up-to-date knowledge of, and experience with, assays in the field of immunology, tumor biology, cell biology, molecular biology, and protein biochemistry, you are responsible for accurate execution of experiments in assigned research studies.
- You document and process the test results, draw conclusions, and report these to the team.
- By using state-of-the-art technology, you contribute to the discovery of novel targets for our antibody products
- You like to work in a team and as a team.
- You have a completed BSc or MSc education within immunology or oncology (a PhD degree is considered as overqualified for this role)
- >3 years relevant work experience (after graduation) with immunology, cell, and molecular biology
- Knowledge of, and/or work experience with cell assays, including isolation of cells from blood, or patient material is a plus
- You have experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, and functional cellular assays, and with molecular biology techniques such as PCR, DNA/RNA isolation
- You are comfortable with medium-high content/ high throughput techniques
- Experience with lentiviral transfection/ transductions/ CRISPR technology
- Experience in sample preparation for next-generation sequencing is an advantage.
- You have professional business level English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands
You are motivated to expand your knowledge and skills. You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, you are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, efficient and accurate and you enjoy working in a team. You take initiative, set high quality standards, and keep a close eye on ways to improve your work. You are driven to work together on the development of a new generation of medicines.
Direct and full-time 1-year contract at our client, which can convert into permanent after 1 year. Salary between 2800 and 4800 euro gross per month, depending on seniority.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.