Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Associate Antibody Research and Technology - Format Translation.
You will be a member of the Antibody Research and Technology team. You are responsible for a broad set of in vitro experiments to explore the boundaries of unique antibody formats and translating those into novel product applications. With your excellent communication skills and collaborative nature, you will work on exciting cross-departmental projects.
- You will work in a team of Scientists and Research Associates dedicated to discovering, developing, and translating therapeutic antibody platform (format) technologies.
- Using your up-to-date knowledge of and experience with assays in the field of cell biology and immunology, you are responsible for the accurate execution of experiments in assigned research studies
- By investigating antibodies' mechanism of action, you contribute to novel antibody technologies enabling innovative future antibody therapeutics
- Independently manage and have ownership of experiments, data analysis and reporting.
- You have a completed BSc or MSc education in cell biology, or alternatively, in immunology or antibody biology (a PhD degree is considered as overqualified for this role)
- >3 years of relevant work experience (after graduation) within the field of cell biology and preferably immunology.
- You have knowledge of cell culture and cell-based functional assays; primary immune cell work is a benefit
- Experience with setting up and developing new assays
- Experience of isolation of cells from blood samples as well as expertise of Flow Cytometry is advantageous.
- If you have a demonstrable interest in big data and machine learning, this is an advantage.
- You have professional business level English language skills, both written and verbal.
- You are in possession of a valid work permit for the Netherlands
You are motivated to expand your knowledge and skills. You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, you are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, efficient and accurate and you enjoy working in a team. You take initiative, set high quality standards, and keep a close eye on ways to improve your work. You are driven to work together on the development of a new generation of medicines.
2 positions open. One is a direct and full-time 1-year contract at our client, which can convert into permanent after 1 year. The other is for a maternity leave cover, contract for 6 months, with a possibility to extend. Salary between 2800 and 4800 euro gross per month, depending on seniority.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.