The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML is responsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used by ASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. This environment consists of an integrated development, build, test and release environment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughout the lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment is developed and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML software development community (more than 3500 developers within multiple departments).
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with new platforms, services and applications we are looking for engineers to join our team. Together with our infrastructure team you will be responsible for the design, development and delivery of infrastructure used by 3500+, and growing, software developers.
As an engineer in our Infrastructure team you will be:
- Part of an Agile team, where you get to design, develop, deliver and automate services
- Interacting directly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge on infrastructure.
- Empowered to make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- The main part of the environment is built on Linux and VMware, development and deployment is done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. Key in the development of these complex environments are automation, Infrastructure-as-Code and introduction of cloud elements.
Formal education should include Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields. Also you are well acquainted with software development and have relevant proven experience in large technical complex environments.
- You are a skilled Linux Engineer.
- You have an automation/config management mindset.
- You are familiar with automation tools, such as Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Rundeck, Jenkins and Packer.
- You have good understanding of basic infrastructure elements, such as networking (switches, firewalls, load balancing), DNS, DHCP, Directory Services, database and storage solutions.
- You have knowledge on container concepts and deployments (Rancher / Kubernetes is a pre)
- You have knowledge on cloud deployments (Azure / GCP is a pre)
- You have good command of the English language, both spoken and written.
From a personal perspective, you are customer focused, accustomed to context switching in a fast paced environment. It is important to have a can-do mentality, focus on results, a desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
- Project for the duration of approximately 12 months.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.