The role as a Quality Engineer at Cummins Limited is a broad role where you will deploy Cummins (CES) Supply Chain Quality processes in the Netherlands for both finished goods and for CES Compact Box components.
Your key responsibilities as a Quality Engineer will be:
- Manage, coach and coordinate assigned Quality resources to deploy CES Supply Chain Quality processes including Safe launch (Total Quality Wall). Assist, support and coordinate quality sorting & inspection at CES warehouse, ensuring product integrity and inventory control prevail.
- Manage Non-Conformance material events, ensuring quick and proper physical and systemic segregation in CES Warehouse systems and Oracle ERP.
- Maintain daily CQMS data entry for Material Non- Conformance Reports and provide tracking reports to facilitate Material Review Board process. Provide reliable information on timely manner to CES business stakeholders.
- Initiate Return Material Authorization (RMA) in coordination with materials planning, Quality team and Finance.
- Support CES Customer/Supplier Quality managers with problem solving.
- Promote safe and right work environment at all locations. Responsible for this in CES Safe launch (Total Quality Wall) and sorting areas.
- Manage daily CES Quality processes to ensure a dependable and efficient material flow.
Are you able to perform the above mentioned tasks as a Quality Engineer? I will show what the requirements are which are needed to apply for this broad position:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality processes and systems.
- A technical degree in for example engineering, business management, supply chain management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma.
- Excellent communication-, presentation-, time management-, organizational- and problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
You are a preferred candidate if you have:
- Followed a training or has experience in quality systems (e.g. Deming).
- Followed a training or has a certificate in problem-solving.
To give you a clear idea on what competences you need and develop overtime within the position as a Quality Engineer you can find a list of specific skills and examples of how those skills will be performed in this role:
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. Persuades - Using compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others.
- Statistical Foundations - Applies foundational statistical concepts required to run appropriate statistical tests and ensure the quality of data and correctness of the conclusions by using standard practices, choosing the right sample size, confidence level, level of significance, type of test; applies knowledge of statistics in cleansing or modeling such as outlier detection, survival analysis, time series, rank statistics, imputation, probability distribution fitting among many techniques.
- Problem Solving - Solves problems using a systematic analysis process by leveraging industry standard methodologies to create problem traceability and protect the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning - Leads the technical quality planning and ensures customer satisfaction through structured and measurable processes as defined by industry standard.
- Dimensional Metrology - Applies dimensional measurement science in the development and application of measurement/inspection processes that deliver capable measurement results, supporting design validation and conformity assessment meeting regulatory, customer and product requirements.
- Quality System Management - Guides in the practice and application of quality system standards required by international certification bodies, industry specific regulatory authorities and customer’s contractually specified requirements
- Supplier Quality Management - Leads all aspects of supplier quality management; helps develop strategy and collaborative supplier partnerships; identifies supplier innovation capabilities; contributes to supplier audit and certification process; tracks supplier performance metrics and acts to quickly resolve issues to improve supplier quality performance.
- Project Issue and Risk Management - Manages the process to identify, assess and prioritize issues and risks using recommended tools and processes to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of negative events or to maximize the realization of positive events.
For the work you deliver, we give back.
- Possibilities to grow in the organization
- Access to training platforms
- Collective health insurance
Cummins is an American multinational corporation that designs, manufactures and distributes diesel- and gas engines, filtration and power generation products. Cummins also services engines and related equipment including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtation, emission control, electrical power generation systems and trucks.
The mission of Cummins:
Making people's lives better by powering a more prosperous world
The vision of Cummins:
Innovating for our customers to power their success
The core values of Cummins:
INTEGRITY - Doing what you say you will do and doing what is right
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION - Valuing and including our differences in decision making is our competitive advantage
CARING - Demonstrating awareness and consideration for the wellbeing of others
EXCELLENCE - Always delivering superior results
TEAMWORK - Collaborating across teams, functions, businesses and borders to deliver the best work
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.