Department is short of an experienced control engineer that can take part in an ASML project as a core team member.
Responsible for development and industrial application of products, processes, and systems in technology- or advanced-competence-development-projects in which the Technologist is involved, based on his field of expertise.
Observes, based on technological expertise and customer network, opportunities for new projects and develops these projects in co-operation with others involved.
You are part of:
Philips Innovation Services (PInS) draws upon a huge range of resources and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and efficiently as possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research, and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects.
The PInS Mechatronics department, with approximately 200 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions in high accuracy positioning, in e.g. lithography systems and magnetically levitated stages. Think also of crucial improvements to products ranging from shavers to respiratory aids.
You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both PInS and its customers.
The Thermal, Flow & Control group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 25 specialists in the field of Control, Thermal, Flow, and Tribology. The team solves high tech challenges for our customers. Each day brings new challenges as we work on many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like Philips Healthcare businesses and semiconductor equipment suppliers.
In this role, you have the opportunity to:
-Have full End-to-end responsibility for system behavior & performance in mechatronic systems.
-Create solutions for our customers within time and budget, for Philips businesses and other (external) companies, on locations all over the globe. These applications vary from locating a toothbrush in a mouth or positioning a patient in an X-ray system to creating nm-accurate motion systems for semiconductor equipment.
You are responsible for:
-Carrying out tasks and activities within Mechatronic development projects. These activities range from supporting concept choices (both theoretical and experimental) from a background in your technical specialism and bordering disciplines to integrating complex mechatronic systems and proving performance on specification.
We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping, and testing but you may also get assignments towards artificial intelligence or algorithm design.
-Provide consultancy at customer's request in which performance issues of existing machines or products need to be analyzed and solved (performance analysis, parameter studies, and troubleshooting).
-Multi-disciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success. Sometimes you will be joining a customer team and other times you will work as part of an in-house team.
To succeed in this role, you need:
- -M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering with a system theory background e.g. control or dynamics specialization;
- -Strong preference for ASML experience
- -Customer-centric attitude and interest in executing R&D projects for customers. Always looking from the angle of creating value for the customer;
- -Solid analytical attitude combined with interest and skills for experimental validation;
- -Strong mathematical skills;
- -Motivated to apply these skills in the field of system and concept design;
- -Knowledge of modeling in Matlab/Simulink is preferred;
- -Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory, and actuation principles is preferred;
- -Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers;
- -Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges;
- -Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English
Start: Feb 1st
Duration: 1 year contract on the payroll of Yacht with a strong potential for extension.
Location: Eindhoven, NL (Fully remote until further notice)
As a senior technologist systems & control we offer you:
- -An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects.
- -A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast.
- -Training and guidance to become an independent technologist.
- -Extensive opportunities for growth in technical and personal development.
- -Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, from developing state-of-the-art lithographic wafer stages, to pioneering on optimization algorithms in control and Artificial Intelligence.
- -The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.