IT Software Asset Management (SAM) has been matured over the last years and is highly recognized by its stakeholders regarding its added value. We are looking for a experienced IT License Manager to strengthen our team. Do you think you’re the right candidate fort his job? In that case we’re looking for you!
You, as an IT License Manager, have extensive knowledge in the SAM field. You have in-depth knowledge of the various types of software contracts and license agreements, but also a good understanding in how to use software inventory and reporting tools. Service-orientation and the ability to relate functional and technical information with License Management expertise are your strengths. You are capable of building strong, trusting relationships with internal customers, suppliers and other internal stakeholders, such as Procurement. You are a team player and together with your colleague IT License Managers you provide analysis and support in preparing the SAM operational and financial plan. You act proactively and drive quality and stimulate continuous improvements while fulfilling commitments.
As an IT License Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- License availability and license usage reporting: secure availability of licenses and develop various usage reports.
- Software acquisition: raise, track, validate, manage and receipt purchase orders; ensure that software acquisition, management and disposal processes are conducted in line with corporate policies, applicable standards, legislation ad contractual obligations. Work with IT procurement staff to support the negotiation and procurement of software purchases.
- Financial Management/ IT Cost Optimization: forecast and track operating and capital expenditure budget (rolling financial forecast); review and challenge software usage and spend as part of the business cases and project budgets; advise the relevant project-, application portfolio managers on software licensing and compliance; identify areas for cost savings through the identification of shelf ware, alternatives, rationalization, license recycling, improved license deployment and optimal licensing practices.
- Compliance investigation: Work with IT procurement staff to manage external vendor license audit report requests. Communicate and monitor compliance and implement pro-active routine vendor audit processes to mitigate the risk of financial impact.
- Stakeholder alignment (Business, Vendor, IT): enable well-informed decision making and enable cost optimization.
- Managing the Software Asset Management Database: maintain the SAM database, including input and update of software assets in relation to requisition, procurement, deployment, maintenance and retirement. Administer the software support and maintenance renewal process.
- Maintain the Software Catalogue of ASML’s approved software: coordinates/fulfills requests with respect to non-standard software requests and advice regarding the decision to onboard this as orderable item in the IT Software Catalogue.
- Educated to a bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar.
- At least 5 years' relevant experience in SAM.
- The following is considered a preference:
- SAM certification such as BCS Certificate in SAM Essentials, IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) or BSA Certified in Standards-Based SAM - for Professionals (CSS-P).
The following experience is considered essential:
- 5 years in an IT or financial analytical role
- Experience in managing vendors and external personnel.
- Experience in an equivalent environment (size, complexity, industry, domain) is a strong plus.
Furthermore you must have in-depth knowledge in several areas:
- Knowledge of various types of vendor software contract and license agreement in a global environment (i.e., enterprise, processor, named user, node, …)
- Understanding and use of software inventory tools , software reporting tools, software asset management systems such as Flexera, Snow, ServiceNow inventory, Aspera, Blackduck, agent-based inventory tools like Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or similar
- Understanding of IT software asset life cycle stages and activities
- Understanding of corporate IT and Procurement policies, procedures and standards
- Familiarity with purchasing systems.
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic.
- Strong analytical, data-gathering and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders, such as Procurement.
- Ability to deal with difficult customers and suppliers.
- Good English communication and presentation skills.
- Project to replace long-term sick leave.
The importance of Software is growing and is more and more providing the “competitive edge”. The ASML SAM team has a global responsibility regarding license compliancy. Software Asset Management deals with approx. 200 suppliers, out of which top 10 suppliers cover 60% of the yearly spend. The SAM team has made a shift from operational to tactical SAM and from technology orientation to service-oriented.
*NO ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AVAILABLE*
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.