As a Sustaining Engineer you are responsible for giving support, improve and maintain the production process within the Sustaining Engineering Department Factory Best. You are responsible for writing and maintaining work instructions for manufacturing processes.
This vacancy is a Sustaining Engineer role similar to IGT and MR. This engineer will be employed in the DXR factory.
Continuous improvement projects at department level. Represents Operations in multi-disciplinary teams. Introduces new products from Development to Operations. You are part of Factory Best, one of the largest Operations sites in Health Systems.
Following elements are the main activities of the job:
- Set-up & maintain work instructions, including associated operator training.
- Support production in case of unknown issues and ensure continuity of the manufacturing process.
- Lead production escalations
- Improve production process
- Support Process & Tool Validation
You are responsible for:
- Writing work instructions, monitor/maintain devices and tooling, instruct employees, implement and maintain production processes.
- Defect On Arrival (DEFOA) /Missing On Arrival (MOA) Root cause analysis, creating and implementing structural solutions.
- Providing structural solutions by initiating amendments like problem reports (PR) and/or 8D forms
- Minimum disturbances (max.Yield) within production in cooperation with teamleads, troubleshooters and development.
- Preparation and introduction of product changes through Life Cycle Management/Business and New Product Introductions within production / systems.
- Participates as an expert in audits
- Give support and set up New Product Introductions.
- Support Process Validation
- Providing input for the Manufacturing Engineer, to create a better way of working. After release for volume production the Sustaining Engineer is accountable for improvements.
- Analysis of performance data with respect to products and processes (Six-sigma, SPC)
- Give input and maintain the New Product Introductions project planning.
- Perform preparation activities on trial/prototype production within New Product Introduction-processes
- Defines and leads improvement projects for the assigned unit, to improve efficiency, product quality and test section (Green Belt).
- Investigation and escalation of Production issues/complaints, if needed together with development.
We are looking for a candidate with the following profile:
- Typical bachelor in mechatronics, industrial engineering or comparable;
- Experience within Manufacturing or Engineering with high tech medical devices;
- Technical knowledge to identify mechanical and electrical tooling issues and solve them in collaboration with maintenance department/manufacturer;
- Preferably experience in the medical industry (ISO 9001, 13485, FDA requirements, audit planning and execution, FMEA, 8D, etc.);
- Preferably Green Belt or Lean certified.
Furthermore, the perfect Sustaining Engineer is:
- A result driven and quality driven approach.
- Hands-on mentality
- Knowledge of Dutch is required (applying without is not necessary)
Depending on your work experience and educational level, we offer you a gross salary of €3.300 – €5.200 per month, and you are eligible for the Yacht bonus scheme. Next to that, there is a possibility to get a company car with fuel card. Besides this, we offer a healthy work-life balance with flexible hours and possibility to work from home. We also offer other benefits, such as collective discount on health insurance and a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Next to that you will be joining a nice work environment with fun colleagues that are always willing to help each other!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the world wide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals. Working as a high tech professional within Yacht means you will work on interesting and challenging long term projects for our clients in the Dutch “Brainport” Eindhoven region, mainly on projects at our clients’ Research & Development departments. Our Brainport region is considered to be the smartest region in the world! We cooperate with high tech companies that work on the cutting edge of technology. To give you an example of our portfolio: Philips Healthcare, Philips Innovation Services, Philips Research, ASML, TNO, DAF, VDL ETG, Océ and many others.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.