Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior Associate Scientist at Janssen Biologics in Leiden.
As a Senior Associate Scientist, you will provide technical leadership for early and late phase development projects, managing internal and external stakeholders to meet the project timelines. In general, your position will serve as a technical and scientific resource focusing on:
- Technology transfer projects for the generation of toxicological and / or clinical material
- Investigating new and innovative technologies
- The early development of manufacturing processes of new molecules
- Life cycle management support for our commercial products
- Master’s degree with 5-6 years work experience in Biotechnology, Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemistry, Biochemical engineering or related field. Candidates with a PhD (background) will be considered as overqualified.
- Relevant experience in R&D or Process Development and experience working within a cGMP manufacturing plant / pilot plant environment.
- Technical orientation and in depth understanding of API large molecule manufacturing
- Project management experience in matrix organization with multitude of stakeholders
- Familiarity with Process Excellence and Six Sigma techniques is a plus.
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. Minitab) and Multivariate analysis is a plus
- Personal characteristics: Highly results driven, with focus on customer satisfaction and on-time completion of projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, both oral and written, to support working in an international environment with frequent contact in the United States, Ireland and Belgium as well as in Leiden.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year. Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable. Salary between 3500 and 4800 euro gross per 4 week period.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
The department leads in the application of broad technical expertise, including new and innovative technologies, to support both marketed and clinical products. It participates in high caliber multi-functional teams to drive solutions to commercial manufacturing problems and to drive process improvement, technology transfer, and support process validation. Performs high level research and development activities supporting high value commercial products. Performs technology transfer for new products and manufactures tox and phase 1/2a clinical material. Projects will often be high priority with high level interest and attention.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.