Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Research Associate Pathology.
The Pathology team works together with internal project and expert groups, to guide ground-breaking new medicines from concept to the clinic. In this respect, Pathology delivers insights into target and biomarker expression in tissues to further support safety assessments, disease indication selection and mechanisms of action of therapeutic target concepts. Your team works closely to perform experiments in-house and collaborate with international contract research organizations (CRO).
As a Research Associate, Pathology, you will be part of an international Pathology team embedded within the Translational Research Group. In this role, you will help build a state-of-the-art Pathology team to support various discovery, pre-clinical and clinical programs.
- You work with internal research teams to develop and perform new state-of-the-art molecular pathology techniques. These techniques detect and quantify (in situ) mRNA and protein expression in normal and diseased tissues, using single/multiplex IHC, ISH (in situ hybridization) on automated platforms (Leica Bond, Ventana Discovery).
- You generate microscopic slide scans using standard bright field and fluorescence whole slide scanners and perform quantitative image analysis.
- You translate scientific questions into experimental plans and manage these into wet-lab activities.
- You develop single and multiplex IHC/ISH tests and are responsible for experimental work, including routine tests, experiments, documentation, interpretation, and data filing.
- You support reporting of scientific results in patents, publications, regulatory documents and reports. In this respect, you design tissue analysis assays and interpret and precisely document the data.
- As part of the Translational Research group, you belong to a team of experienced Scientists and Research Associates with state-of-the-art knowledge of antibody biology, pathology and biomarkers (immuno-oncology).
- You help manage human tissue databases and downstream lab processes using the Laboratory Information Management System and digital image databases.
As a Research Associate Pathology, you are experienced and motivated to work in the field of immunology, tumor biology and digital pathology.
As a Research Associate Pathology, you meet the following professional requirements:
- You have a completed BSc or MSc education. Candidates with a PhD (background) will not be considered for this role
- You have >2 years experience with immunohistochemistry using autostainer platforms
- Experience and/or affinity with ISH (RNAscope), multiplex IHC and digital pathology (image analysis and image data management)
- Knowledge of, and/or work experience with immunology, tumor biology and molecular pathology is preferred.
- You have good communicative skills in English.
- You are available for 40 hours per week
- You have a ‘getting things done mentality’, are enthusiastic, goal-oriented, capable of working efficiently and accurately and enjoy working in a team
- You are pro-active and set high standards for the quality of your work
- You are also interested in learning and developing new skills and enjoy working together to create a new generation of medicines
- You can manage several studies in parallel and work flexibly
- You recognize the importance of working according to the quality systems, which includes adhering to standardized procedures and detailed documentation of your work
- You have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with a diverse group of Scientists and Research Associates and work to deadlines
- You have a positive and open mindset and the willingness to work in multidisciplinary teams in close collaboration with pathologists and other scientists
Temporary 1 year contract directly at our client (full-time), which can convert into permanent after 1 year. Salary between 2600 and 3600 euro gross per month (based on full-time employment).
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.