The Sr. Construction Manager owns Construction safety for the Project(s). Challenges the whole team, each individual from the project manager to each field worker, to be active in Safety. Leads by example, makes sure that the EHSS culture continually improves, promoting new methods and best practices. The Construction Manager is an active participant in all EHSS construction meetings (like weekly supervisors meetings, EHSS dashboards, incident investigation, etc.). Ensure safe construction best practices and work environment, keeping abreast of new methods to avoid incidents during construction. Review construction methods in view of Best Safe practices and ensures all projects are being executed as per applicable Safety. The Construction Manager is a stakeholder in prequalification of new Contractors and Contractor performance evaluation.
• Owns Construction safety for Project Projects
• Challenges the whole team, each individual from the project manager to each field worker, to be active in Safety
• Leads by example, makes sure that the EHSS culture continually improves, promoting new methods and best practices
• Active participant in all EHSS construction meetings (like weekly supervisors meetings, EHSS dashboards, incident investigation, etc…)
• Ensure safe construction best practices and work environment, keeping abreast of new methods to avoid incidents during construction
• Review construction methods in view of Best Safe practices.
• Ensure all projects are being executed as per applicable Safety
regulations and Standards
• Stakeholder in prequalification of new Contractors and Contractor performance evaluation
• Responsible for setting the Main Contracting Strategy. (Number of contractors per specialty, type of contract, etc…)
• Engages with Project Engineers/Managers and purchasing for defining contracting scopes of work for each project (for example do we put scaffolding within mechanical scope in a particular contract)
• Leading Stakeholder in the AP strategy to deploy Construction Management, reviews and approves the AP construction management plan to ensure EHSS, quality and construction cost and schedule
• Drives productivity analysis and improvement
• E&PM stakeholder in all affiliate driven activities that can affect the construction: ie work permits, LOTO… when there are deviations or modifications of the current processes
Project Execution/Strategic Planning:
• Review and approves the construction planning & schedule of each project
• Monitors Engineering progress & Accountable for Construction progress; ensure that Project activities and equipment and material deliveries (and associated components) are installed according to approved milestones for each project
• In case of a project not meeting milestones, will be active in the development of the recovery plan supporting the project engineer/manager, aiming at the root cause of the delay (engineering late delivery of drawings, isos, etc…; equipment late delivery; construction delays…)
• Use project planning to foresee dynamic shifts in construction workload, and drive team to make appropriate proactive team adjustments.
• E&PM Projectteam (as applicable per Site)Includes (not limited to) planning development up to level 4 (all-inclusive schedule taking into account maintenance, inspection, operations, other projects, etc… activities), contractors coordination, interference with other Project X activities, lay out reviews of temporary facilities, cranes, lay down areas…
• Stakeholder in the induction process of new first line supervisors and workers to proactively set the expectations regarding EHSS and construction performance
• Strong awareness/knowledge of each plant particular key construction requirements (like tracing criticality and construction details in a particular plant) and ensure compliance
• Assures contractors quality performance for the Project
• Makes sure that the specialty contractors (like Fire Protection, HVAC…) activities are properly risk analyzed, plan and supervised, as an integral part of the overall project
• Review the project quantities and critical items to ensure contractors address the resources needed in their proposals
• Review construction procedures adhering to best practices
• Review ITBs to ensure concerned construction procedures are addressed.
• Assures the review of invoices of construction contractors by supervisors.
• Ensure that all jobs are detailed in the project scope of work were met before signing the completion certificate.
• Communicate with relevant departments/organizations to facilitate the contractor especially during the mobilization/demobilization and related activities.
• Leads and coaches a group of Construction Supervisors to ensure that all the construction goals of project performance (EHSS, cost, quality, schedule) are fulfill.
• Influence all construction resources (contractors and AP) to ensure that all the construction goals of EHSS and project performance are fulfill.
Performs in a multi-project complex environment (delivering projects in a plant in operation), assuring stakeholders integration to ensure smooth cooperation to achieve successful Mechanical Completion
Accountable of solving construction resource conflicts when projects or project managers have a conflict of priorities making sure that the Project goals are meet.
Minimum Qualifications (degree, training, or certification required)
• Bachelor degree in engineering field or a long track record in Construction Management or related fields.
Minimum Experience (technical, functional, and/or leadership experience required)
• 10 years’ experience in the construction supervision in industrial environment (preferred petro chemical, refineries)
Job Specific Skills (key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
• Thorough knowledge of various kinds of Construction disciplines, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and handover.
• Strong people management and interpersonal skills
• Sound Planning, quantitative and analytical skills
• Strong communication and conflict resolution skills
Competencies (key functional, leadership, or business competencies required)
• Strong in Project/Construction Management Skill and has ability to manage in multi project environment
• Decision Making.
• Knowledge in industrial relations (as applicable
Naast een interessante uitdaging bieden wij een uitstekend salaris. Daarnaast heb je de mogelijkheid om gebruik te maken van en collectieve ziektekostenverzekering, een marktconforme pensioenregeling en ruime ontwikkelingsmogelijkheden. Wij streven ernaar om de arbeidsovereenkomst af te stemmen met de wensen van onze medewerkers.
De wereld verandert in rap tempo. De arbeidsmarkt stelt steeds weer nieuwe eisen aan professionals. Yacht weet als geen ander hoe de arbeidsmarkt zich ontwikkelt. En zorgt ervoor dat je op deze veranderingen bent voorbereid. Nu en in de toekomst. We helpen je te blijven ontwikkelen door de uitdagende projecten die we bieden bij toonaangevende organisaties. Tegelijkertijd maak jij het verschil bij onze opdrachtgevers door verbeteringen te realiseren. Dat vraagt om kwaliteit; om echte professionals die echte uitdagingen aangaan.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.