Your goal is to realize significant user experience improvements of our business software applications, in order to increase user efficiency, effectiveness, satisfaction and adoption. You will do user research, create UI mockups, apply and contribute to the ASML design guidelines and validate prototypes with users from all over the world. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team that consists of e.g. product owner, solution architect, business process analyst, UI developer. You will thus be the lead in defining, embedding and executing the user-centered design process throughout an exciting and challenging project. Furthermore, you will pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your ±12 peer designers from the UX design team.
- User Research
- Prepare and execute user research methods such as contextual inquiry and task analysis.
- Communicate findings using e.g. personas, user requirements, user stories, workflows, user experience maps.
- Validate prototypes through local, remote, moderated, unmoderated, formative and summative usability tests.
- Define quantitative UX metrics and collect data to report on them.
- Interaction Design
- Create low- and high-fidelity (interactive) mockups, preferably using Axure.
- Apply the ASML design guidelines and contribute to their definition and documentation.
- Make sure that mockups are aligned with the functional and technical design stakeholders.
- UX Consulting
- Define the right user-centered design approach based on the project’s goals and status quo (budget, timelines, availability of skills, etc.).
- Embed the approach in the project’s way of working and safeguard it under sometimes adverse project conditions.
- Pro-actively share challenges and best practices with your peers from the UX&UI team.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an area such as Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, or Psychology.
More than 5 years of professional UX experience (post-degree).
- Ability to plan work and deliver on agreed goals independently
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other disciplines
- Ability to deal with resistance and convince others of the value of UX
- Ability to balance short- and long-term goals, to compromise and to adapt way of working
- Ability to work under time pressure and rapidly changing project conditions
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- Eligible to work in Veldhoven, The Netherlands.
- Available for at least 32 hours per week.
- Experience with enterprise UX (vs. consumer UX)
- Experience with moderating participatory design/co-creation/design thinking workshops
- Experience with agile/ scrum/ DevOps
- Experience with Mendix/ Atlas UI
- Experience with visual design.
- Project for the duration of 12 months.
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits (‘chips’). ASML has its R&D and manufacturing operations in Wilton (USA) and in Veldhoven (The Netherlands).
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for ASML’s internal and external activities.
The ‘User Experience & User Interfaces’ team within ASML IT creates user-facing solutions that enable ASML employees to work more efficiently and effectively, that are quickly adopted and continuously used, and that provide a consistent user experience across applications, devices and locations. Our work concerns custom applications as well as adaptations to standard software. The software ranges from desktop applications used in the ASML offices, to mobile applications used in our factories, to wearable applications used in our customers’ cleanrooms.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.