Product Owner Vehicle Control Systems
Who will lead the development of Vehicle Control Systems at DAF Trucks
You will play a key role in leading the hardware and software development of Vehicle Control Systems, to enable DAF Trucks to expand their excellent position in the market by making trucks safer to drive, easier to operate in the best possible way to the truck driver. For Embedded Engineering, part of DAF Product Development, we are searching for an Product Owner Vehicle Control Systems.
- Coordinating hardware & software development activities of Vehicle Control Systems
- Leading the assigned hardware and software engineers
- Coordinating the supplier management
- Scrum/agile based product backlog management and prioritizing
- Presenting and reporting project status for Quality, Cost, Timing and Performance (QCTP)
- Monitoring if technical definitions are in line with defined strategies and report discrepancies
- Initiate and define risk analysis and validation plans for both hardware and software components
- Create, monitor and report platform project plans for software and hardware development activities
- Organizing and participating in supplier & internal project meetings
The Product Owner reports to the Engineer Manager EE Platform Development with respect to process, quality and to the corresponding Project Lead Engineer for project status.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor or a Master Degree in Embedded Engineering or equivalent with at least 3 year experience in a coordinating role, multiple years’ experience in project lead role is an asset
- Knowledge of domain based E/E Vehicle Architecture is an asset
- +3 years’ experience with development of (lead) Vehicle Control Systems
- Experience with coordination of multiple engineers in different domains
- Experience with supplier management
- Team player, pro-active, strong analytical skills, problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of design for Six Sigma methodology
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according the V-cycle)
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with Dutch (or at least willingness to learn Dutch)
- Candidates located in Europe are preferred
You will be part of an experienced international team of the Platform Development group of DAF Embedded Engineering that is located in our modern new office in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Embedded Engineering has over 130 highly skilled people today. Together they deliver world class engineering in the domains of engine controllers and vehicle controllers.
Next to that, focusing on common software development, Embedded Engineering works closely together with PACCAR Embedded Engineering located in Renton (near Seattle), the USA.
The products developed within Embedded Engineering are applied on DAF trucks but also in the famous PACCAR brands Kenworth and Peterbilt. Through component sales our products are used by leading bus and coach manufacturers.
At DAF you will work in a professional, innovative and safe environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibility. You will be working in a state-of-the-art working environment, one of the most modern environments within the PACCAR organization.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.