The position of Test engineer is in one of the R&D-System Development departments in Venlo. You will work in a project that develops high tech print systems. Focus is on the PRISMAsync controller software, which connects the printer with customer workflow software and has a UI that enables the printer operator use the printer to produce output in an efficient way. The project consists of some 80 people that work in multiple agile development teams. You are member of a team (software project manager, integrator, other test engineer) that focuses on the system behavior of the integrated product.
Goal of the role
Test system behavior, both manual as automated, of printers/copiers with focus on the software of our PRISMAsync controller technology. This includes correct interoperability with customer workflow software that runs on windows, UNIX or mac based computers.
Most important and critical task
- Define and execute test cases with focus on system behavior, e.g. observed by user of the system
- Define and implement automated test cases with focus on system behavior
- Work with feature development teams to understand and clarify expected/observed behavior
- Improve specification quality by review, focus on clear behavior and test-ability
- Develop test support tooling (scripts) that speeds up system level testing
- Enter found defects/errors in defect tracking system
- Report on test progress and product quality
- Contribute to creation of test management plans
What will be the most challenging
- Working with agile development teams
- Working with multiple types of printers
- Work from a quality perspective, focusing on system behavior.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with an open attitude, who is critical on him/her self and colleagues and is accurate and result driven, well organized and understands complex system behavior. Furthermore, this candidate has/is:
- At least an MSc, with a clear understanding of non-real-time software that implements large part of system behavior in complex machines.
- 3-5 years of experience, from which a minimum of 1 year in a similar role as a tester in a high-tech industry, or as tester working with complex products.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio and TFS/Azure DevOps.
- Good Knowledge on the ROBOT test framework. Familiar with Gherkin and Power Shell
- Knowledge of Page Object pattern
- Experience in writing and reviewing test designs and testcases.
- Knowledge of and experience with Windows computers, preferably Macintosh and Linux.
- Knowledge of and experience with scripting languages in order to create test support tools.
- Programming languages like Python and web-based languages are a plus.
- Profound knowledge of English. Dutch is a plus.
- Living in the Netherlands
- Highly skilled communicator
- Project for a period of 12 months
- Hours per week: 40
- Location: Venlo
We are a global leader in digital imaging, industrial printing and collaborative business services. Our mission is to accelerate new digital print technologies and transform them into local printing products and services for blue-chip multinationals around the globe and creative studios around the corner.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.