For our client Siemens we are often looking for HSE coördinators with at least 2 years of HSE experience in the wind industry.
Minimum experience required: 2 years in the wind or several years in the petrochemical industry. Safety is everything, that's why wind energy experience is important, because the safety rules are different from the oil and gas plants.
Mission of function
- To be an active and enthusiastic member of the site management team functionally reporting to the ‘EHS Manager in Project’, providing professional EHS advice, and support in implementing the required EHS documentation for projects.
Dimension of function
- The EHS Advisor on site ensures that Siemens complies with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation, Siemens standards and site requirements on a day to day basis. Responsible for monitoring and assessing safety performance on site and implementing improvement plans as well as support the driving of ongoing Zero Harm Safety Culture within Siemens Wind Power.
- Direct Line Management Reporting to EHS Manager. Functionally reporting to EHS Manager in Project on a day to day basis. It is required to interact with both external and internal stakeholders, project/site management, contractors, onsite suppliers, and customers. Liaison with other business units (i.e. Service, Onshore Market Unit) to share best practice.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Act as an advisor to the Site Management Team on all EHS matters whilst carrying out all EHS Advisor duties as outlined within the relevant Siemens Systems (EHS Roles and Responsibilities booklet, PM@Siemens and the Offshore EHS Project Manual) and supporting the project ‘EHS Manager in Project’ as early as PM@Siemens - PM100.
- Health safety and environmental support and advice for wind farm construction projects in Offshore typically working a rotational work pattern (2 weeks on 2 weeks off) ensuring the EHS Standards including the Siemens Basic Safety Rules and Offshore EHS Project Manual are implemented and complied with on all sites in a consistent manner.
- Be familiar with the client specific EHS Requirements of the Turbine Supply Agreement. Support the EHS Manager in Project with early reviews of EHS Documentation such as component transport and logistics arrangements, subcontractor documentation.
- Support in the implementation of the project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan (ref: FORM 21295) and make sure that all persons working on Siemens' scope of the project are informed and understand the sections of the EHS plan relevant to their work. Whilst at the same time contributing to the overall mobilization and demobilization of project site, ensuring EHS requirements set out in local legislation are complied with.
- Participate in the ongoing development and improvement of Safety Performance, the development / appraisal and modification of Safe Systems of Work, and participate in sub-contractor evaluations, monitoring and assessing.
- Collect and report observations of near misses, accidents, incidents and deviations from agreed standards and efficiently report through the agreed communication channels. Also assist all employees in filling out accident and near miss reports, and to make sure they are kept on record. Ensure all EHS incidents and occurances are reported, investigated, corrective actions allocated and incident workflow managed through to closure, as per Siemens procedures and local legal requirements.
- Work closley with project QM and keep informed of the QA systems and procedures related to the EHS Advisor position and product safety generally. Also work in accordance with the requirements defined in the QA system in an effort to work towards Zero Harm and Zero Defects.
- Promptly complete mandatory weekly and monthly inspection requirements as outlined within the Offshore EHS Project Manual and project specific Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan, as well as any additional ad-hoc inspections required by project or customer.
- Monitor the implementation and adherence to the project Offshore Environmental Health and Safety Plan and IMS related procedures, by performing regular site inspections and site visits of the construction project works and areas; and contribute to internal and external audits and assessments, and EHS/site evaluations
- Actively act as a role model for ZeroHarm and Siemens EHS Standards
- Relevant EHS experience is a must: minimum 2 years - preferably within offshore renewable, however other high-risk construction or offshore/marine environments considered;
- Experience of construction, design and management projects;
- Demonstrable systematic approach to tasks/duties; with an ability to utilise organisational skills to create order in a fast-changing working environment. It is essential that the candidate has the ability to maintain focus on the essentials, prioritise and keep a track of things.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills. Ability to communicate written and verbally in English is mandatory;
- Proven experience of performing site inspections in a construction environment.
- Good people and team working skills with the ability to mentor and influencing all stakeholders within a project organization;
- The ability to demonstrate experience of working with different nationalities & cultures.
- Entry level Professional (recognized) EHS qualification (e.g. NEBOSH Construction Certificate in UK) plus additional area specific qualification as defined by the training matrix essential. Higher level professional EHS qualification desired (e.g. NVQ5 / NVQ6 / Degree);
- Relevant EHS experience essential (Minimum 2 years - preferably within Offshore Renewable however other high risk construction or marine environments considered) with demonstratable continuous professional development within an EHS related role;
- As EHS Advisor, the candidate will do high-risk work on site during the site execution of the onshore and offshore construction activities. Therefore, a willingness to work on a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off rotational work pattern both locally and internationally where required is essential. Offshore working including onboard accommodation vessels required;
- It is essential that the candidate have an aptitude for working at heights and maritime (vessel) transit as it will be required to visit offshore wind turbines and operate from a hotel vessel on a frequent basis as part of their role;
- Valid driver’s licence within the EU.
- Self determination
- Communication Skills
- Network built on trust
- Decision making
- Result and quality orientation
- Siemens Gamesa values
For the role of HSE coördinator salary will be based on experience: €3200 - €4700 excl. irregularity allowance. Freelance rate: €60 - €70 an hour.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.