Video algorithm software engineer and developer
- Implementing and improving video signal processing algorithms for mobile, PC, and TV apps
- Cooperating and interacting with a team of specialists and developers. Able to give guidance / input on further quality and implementation optimizations
- Further tune our HDR system implementation to work optimally in broadcast and OTT infrastructures
- Interact with prospective customers, answer their questions
- Solve performance issues on the spot when required due to tests and trials
- Propose and analyze future ways to optimize the video processing implementation and implement them
- Interaction with the commercial team to define and develop further updates
- Aiding in the certification / qualification process of chips and consumer devices implementing our HDR technology
- Perform content processing on request of the team / customers / broadcasters
- University degree in a technical orientation;
- Experienced in video signal processing implementation for consumer devices (TV and mobile) and has knowledge on video transmission standards, i.e. the use of video on system level
- Has a proven track record of implementing in Android and preferably also IOS video signal processing algorithms using the GPU
- Knows his/her way with scripting, C/C++/Python/Matlab
- Is capable of performing own evaluation of the (subjective and objective) processing quality of video in our lab
- Has good communication skills to cooperate with outside third parties
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the field.
Available 32-40 hrs. per week
Temporary position for 6 months that can potentially be extended
Depending on your educational level and relevant years of working experience, we offer you a competitive salary and other contractual components. Besides this, we facilitate flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home. We also offer side benefits, such as discount on collective health insurance as well as a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical development. We’ll support you by offering personalized growth guidance and the possibility to follow a wide range of courses and training via Yacht Academy. You’ll become part of a group of professionals with your same (or similar) background and ambitions. This way you will have the chance to enhance your professional network and learn constantly.
Working at Philips is more than a job. It is an experience filled with unexpected moments that will transform you in lasting and positive ways. Help us improve the world for the better while building a career that no one could have planned for. Even you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to its diverse workforce. We will consider you for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.