Target & Purpose of the position:
You support the Operations Team with Financial support and drive the plant towards a higher level of Excellence. You will be a pro-active and engaged sparring partner to the Operations team helping to improve our manufacturing operations becoming world-respectively Best of Class.
Content of position:
Spend Analysis and Control:
• Help investigation in weekly/monthly dashboard of spending, highlighting opportunities for improvement.
• Support analysis and commentary of drivers behind variances, month to month vs. prior year and forecast and budget.
• Review production variances (materials & labor) with management and help drive to root cause.
• Ensure correct codifications of Operational expenses (dimensions used for monitoring/control etc.).
• Monitors spending on key categories to include maintenance, supplies, and consumables, and support company initiatives to reduce spending.
• Control Capex budget spending and identify priorities.
• Identify and explain variations in RM costs.
KPI & Financial Management:
• Review weekly KPI data with management; understand trends and help analyze root causes (scrap, OEE, utilization etc.).
• Ensure KPIs are correctly implemented in line with company standards and across multiple sites.
• Ensure EIP projects are recorded accurately.
• Support month close process.
Planning & Budgeting:
• Help/take lead in preparing forecasts and the annual budget for the Operations department.
• Help/take lead in planning the Operations Capex budget and be involved in post spend audits.
• Support preparation of budget, forecasts, and monthly bridges.
• Support direct labor planning based on order/market trends.
Earning improvement programs:
• Identifying, implementing and monitoring projects that simplify processes and routines.
• Work with plant management to prepare, justify and implement Capex projects.
• Share EIP details across sites and identify opportunities to enroll these in other sites.
• Support working capital improvement plans.
• Attend in plant operations meetings and present financial results to ensure management team are aligned with the performance of the company.
• Ensure robust financial controls are in place and are following financial policies.
• Support plant management in ad hoc exercises.
Areas of responsibility:
• Sourcing/RM costs
• Conversion cost metrics
• CI / EIP
• Working capital optimization (/inventory)
• Capex Management
• Ability to anticipate future results and contribute to strategic direction of the business with management.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience in manufacturing environment.
• Applies business simplification.
• Is able to cope with and implement change.
• Fluent English (business Language).
• Hands-on and pragmatic individual.
• Strong curiosity.
• Distinct analytical mindset.
• Outspoken, applies candor and rigor.
• Strong affinity, interest and identification towards industrial production and associated logistics areas.
• Financial and controlling experience.
Along with many opportunities for career growth, Signode provides a comprehensive benefits package that supports our employees’ development, wellness, and financial security. Specific benefits vary worldwide and are based on regional needs.
Signode is a leading transit-packaging provider, offering safe and effective products and solutions to our customers globally.
With over $2B in revenue, 80+ manufacturing facilities across 6 continents and over 7,000 employees worldwide, Signode is a leading manufacturer of a broad spectrum of transit packaging consumables, tools, software, and equipment that optimize end-of line packaging operations and protect products in transit. Signode brings this extensive product portfolio together under hundreds of trusted brands to offer complete transit packaging solutions to its customers.
We produce strap, stretch and protective packaging. We also manufacture packaging tools and equipment used to apply the bulk packaging materials. These commercial packaging products are used to pack, bundle, unitize, protect and secure goods during warehousing and transit. Our company is a pioneer in the industrial packaging sector with a long history of customer-focused innovations in materials, processes and automation technology that have revolutionized the sector.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.