ASML is a leader in the semiconductor industry. Simply put: we make machines that make chips. Our technology is complex and unique. Our thousands of engineers push technology further every day. People love working here − not because it’s easy, but because it’s hard. And we have a million stories to share. Will you take up the challenge and help us unlock the many stories of ASML to the media?
You will join ASML’s corporate communications team at our headquarters in Veldhoven − a small team with a huge audience. The team currently consists of six communications professionals that focus on strategic messaging and storytelling, as well as external communications, including media relations.
ASML is becoming increasingly visible and we play an active role in the communities that we are part of. We value the interaction with the world outside our company gates as there is still so much to learn and share. The media are an important element in that interaction.
This is a media relations position with a focus on corporate and technology-related content. You will work closely with internal stakeholders to develop messaging and media activities. You are a professional spokesperson who is a reliable and friendly contact for journalists. Through your media activities, which are in-line with our brand and business goals, you will support ASML’s reputation.
The focus of this job is on financial/corporate and technology media. You write press releases, arrange media interviews and interact with journalists from the Dutch and international media. You have a high affinity for technology and (near-) native English and Dutch.
In this role, business understanding and recognizing our different target audiences is a prerequisite for successful media relations. You are able to maintain an open and honest relationship with the media at all times, including when the debate is heated and the stakes are high – as sometimes happens. You can be flexible as the media does not always call between 9 and 5. You know what it takes to represent ASML and to be part of the team. Throughout all of this, you keep your focus on what’s really valuable.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or a science or engineering degree with relevant post-graduate training.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in media relations, journalism, communications or related field
- A high affinity for technology and finance
- Experience with issues management
- Proven track record as a spokesperson
- Fluent in Dutch and English (at least near-native level)
- Ability to translate complex (technical) content into meaningful and engaging language
- Strong stakeholder management skills − experience working with executive levels in an international environment and the ability to influence and network
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in Dutch and English
- Relationship builder, collaborative team player
- Ability to translate complex concepts into meaningful language
- Ability to perform under time pressure and stress
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues in a responsible way
- A can-do mentality − takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven
- Aware of cross-cultural differences
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Enjoys working in an open, transparent, informal, dynamic and hard-working environment
- A sense of humor
Period: asap - 1 year (conversion flex position)
Hours: 40 per week
You will be part of a large, global communications team with a variety of backgrounds and nationalities, which offers inspiration and opportunities to learn and to develop yourself. Communications at ASML covers corporate communications, internal communications, branding, recruitment marketing, community engagement and digital communications. Our communications teams are located in the Netherlands, the US, South Korea, China and Taiwan.
Corporate communications is responsible for external communications (media relations, issues communications management, corporate social media and PR) and strategic messaging (storytelling, digital content and editorial brand).
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.