You are able to determine the direction and, together with the team, to make the right choices for the long term.
The change of insights needs are day to day business, you know how to respond to this in a tactical manner.
You are a natural leader and train the team to grow as a team, and as individuals.
You are able to make the right trade-offs between the functional wish and technical possibilities. The decisions you make affect the big picture for the team and RGN.
You dare to challenge status quo. You help the team to evolve the solutions and help to keep both the team and the company aligned and in control of the solutions and how they are composed.
You like to take the lead. As a cooperating foreman/woman you look to connect within but also outside the team.
You are a good conversation partner for your colleagues and you can adjust to the relevant level of knowledge.
You strive for quality over speed and you are constantly looking for simplification and innovations in order to actually achieve these. You have a pragmatic approach with a healthy dose of humor.
Within the team we know the roles product owner, scrum master, analyst, data engineer, infra specialist and MicroStrategy specialist. Our common goal is to make data work for RGN, our customers and candidates.
The team is responsible for the Management Information System of the Randstad Group Netherlands (Randstad, Tempo-Team and Yacht).
Our data engineers integrate and transform the data from the different systems and then load it into our data warehouse. Accuracy, completeness and timeliness are paramount, with the performance and stability in mind. If the data is in our data warehouse, our MicroStrategy specialists will create the semantic / schema layer, the attributes and the metrics. The result is a self-service environment for creating reports and dashboards. In addition, we develop standard reports and dashboards that are used throughout the organization.
You are responsible for delivering high-quality, sustainable solutions.
You see documenting your work as a way to onboard others in your logic. You experience testing the quality of your work as a way to improve yourself and your work
Minimum of 3-5 year relevant work experience in Cloud & Infrastructure, preferably within Business Intelligence, with proven participation in the creation of a data platform or a (cloud) data warehouse.
The candidate will need to have experience with:
- AWS (for example IAM, Cloudformation, S3, Redshift, RDS, EC2, Lamda) - and AWS Solutions Architect of Cloud Practitioner
- Linux (Bash scripting)
- CI/CD (DevOps,Git, Jenkins, Yaml)
- 3-6 years experience with all kinds of integrations throughout systems via various standards and protocols.
- Experience in building/delivery, and usage of REST-API’’s
- Data structures & formats (XML, JSON, CSV, Parquet
Skills and competencies the candidate will need are:
fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Preferably Dutch speaking because of stakeholder management (or intention to learn Dutch)
- lead by example, leading the team of medior and senior professionals
- Technical Single point of Contact within the organization
- Collaborate across teams (all data needed from other teams)
- Explain team objectives to the rest of the organization
- Enhancing vision and strategy to people and teams
- Being able to take the team along technically.
- Strong stakeholdersmanagement
- SPOC for data related topics
Candidate preferably also has experience with:
- Elasticsearch en Kibana
- Scrum proces (Jira)
- Data warehousing (architectuur, dimensional modeling)
- Matillion (or another tooling)
- Other cloud platforms (Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
*Assignment for at least 6 months with an option to extend
*During Corona you will be working remote (later it could be that you have to come to the office 1 or 2 times a week)
Randstad aims to provide its Clients and Talents with the most efficient and pleasant journey in their search for talents or positions, respectively. RGN-IT is the IT department of Randstad Groep Nederland. We are responsible for all IT solutions for the group.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.