We are looking for an Internal Communications professional, well-versed in change management communications and with a special talent for coordinating the creation of impactful and creative communications that stimulate employee experience and engagement. You have a knack for understanding how employees perceive certain changes and how effective communication can guide people through change. A genuine team player, always focused on the bigger picture and driving key messages.
Do you have experience in communicating with a highly technical, detail-oriented audience? Do you know how to build and execute communications plans to support behavioral change, and do you have a talent for developing creative communications? Are you a team-oriented, proactive individual with a can-do-mentality who is passionate about how employees experience their (physical) work environment? Then we would like to talk to you!
As Communications Specialist you will be part of the Campus communications team, led by the Senior Internal Communications Business Partner for Corporate Real Estate. You help to inform, engage and thrill employees of ASML Netherlands throughout the transformation to the future ASML Campus Veldhoven.
A large part of your role in the Campus communications team is to develop and execute effective change communication plans and initiatives to help drive our Access and Mobility program. You are well versed in aligning with numeral stakeholders and know when to challenge and when to jump in to opportunities. In this role you will work with the Access and Mobility program team and liaise with the Sr. Internal Communications Business Partner and the Change Manager. You take a hands-on approach and actively reach out to employees when needed.
Your second focus in this role is to help take the key messages for multiple campus subjects to the next level and coordinate the execution of our creative campus communications formats (such as a video broadcast and AR app). Writing powerful scripts is a proven skill of yours. You are an integral part of our engaged and driven Campus communications team, and help plan, execute, measure and evaluate communications initiatives and create written and multimedia content. In this role, your activities will touch colleagues throughout ASML. And of course, you have exceptional writing and communication skills (native English standard).
- Bachelor's/ master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism.
- 8- 10 years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing internal (change) communications plans in an international environment.
- Experience in working within the Corporate Real Estate, Facility management or Construction sector is preferable.
- Proven track record in hands-on development of powerful creative communications that positively impact attitudes and behaviors.
- Preferably within an engineering field and a strong affinity with the engineering mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels.
- Creativity: Shapes ideas and improves and makes ready for execution. Understands creativity as a concept and discipline to shape ideas and narrow down to functional essence. Selects right option(s) from limited set with ability to connect/judge if output is in line with ASML brand.
- Writing & Presentation skills, including internal news, scripts, scenarios, presentation support, stage work: Comfortable with writing style that effectively informs. Secure grasp of English spelling, grammar, writing mechanics and punctuation. Exhibits skills in writing, analyzes source material. Clear language and aware of what makes messaging resonate and shareable.
- Technology and Audience understanding: Has an affinity with technology, understands the engineering process and can tune communications to resonate with an audience known for its no-nonsense, plain speaking and ‘getting things done’ approach. Develops a good knowledge of general lithography plus some specialist fields.
- Critical thinking & analytical skills, deals with complexity, information processing: Awareness of complexity and actively seeks explanation. Regularly goes through ‘What if’ scenarios. Suggests potential solutions and works productively in the face of ambiguity.
- Planning & measurement abilities: Plans own work and assigned projects. Understands tools and technologies that drive data analysis and measurement and applies them. Starts prioritizing while executing plan. Recognizes power and relevance of measurement. Proposes metrics to improve. Builds measurement into plans and applies best practice measurement tools.
- Focus on delivering value, creating impact, delivering tangible business outcomes for ASML and (internal) customers: Aware of the communications objectives in assigned plans and realizes project deliverables as agreed based on approved demand. Intakes demand and advises how to execute and manage expectations. Takes initiative and responsibility to create a plan and drive the execution. Counsels others how to generate results vs. perform activities. Able to translate business objectives into clear, compelling, meaningful communications programs.
- ASML cultural sensitivity (multicultural, results driven, entrepreneurial, assertive, resilient, caring/inclusive): Checks if the activity is set up for a multicultural audience and meets our values. Drives adjustments to meet the standards of a multicultural audience and our values. Challenges the concept if it matches the needs of our multicultural audience. Ensures that the multicultural audience is involved in the project plan.
- Assertiveness, tenacity, goal orientation, focus on end-result (identify opportunities and agility to see alternative strategies to accomplish goals): Consistently meets the objectives of assigned tasks. Deals with complex tasks and sets high standards for own performance. Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results. Shows determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks. Adopts a flexible approach in addressing hurdles.
- Proactively share information (up & down), strong and effective communications: Communicates the status and completion of assignments in timely fashion. Clear, concise, professional and thorough in communication. Shares information without being asked, based on understanding of others’ needs. Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding. Shares own knowledge and best-practices to assist others’ development.
- Successfully support change programs and projects: Be open to change and executes given tasks to support change programs. Understands why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization and can translate into recommendations in own area. Communicates to employees/stakeholders on why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization. Suggests effective approaches to create a safe/engaged environment for employees feedback and willingness to change.
- Fluent Dutch and English verbal and writing skills (must).
Start date: In the beginning of January 2020 (possibility to extend to a second year)
End date: 24 months from start date
Availability: minimum 36 hours, preferably 40 hours
ASML is een Nederlands hightechbedrijf en een van de belangrijkste leveranciers van machines voor de halfgeleiderindustrie, in het bijzonder steppers en scanners, die worden gebruikt bij het maken van chips. Klanten zijn veelal chipproducenten. Het hoofdkantoor en bedrijvencomplex van ASML staat in Veldhoven, waar zowel research and development en assemblage in cleanrooms plaatsvindt. Het bedrijf heeft tevens zestig servicepunten in veertien landen ter ondersteuning van de plaatsing en levering van machines en reserve-onderdelen.
ASML is ontstaan uit een joint venture van ASM International en Koninklijke Philips. ASML levert wereldwijd, maar de meeste van haar klanten zijn gevestigd in Azië. In 2011 werd 66% van de omzet in die regio behaald, 25% in de Verenigde Staten en iets minder dan 9% in Europa. De grootste klant was verantwoordelijk voor een kwart van de totale omzet. De belangrijkste leverancier van ASML is Zeiss, een fabrikant van lenzen en optische componenten. Het aandeel van Zeiss in de totale inkoopkosten van ASML is iets minder dan 30%. Vanwege de grote wederzijdse belangen zijn beide bedrijven een strategisch alliantie aangegaan; deze kan alleen verbroken worden als een van de partijen drie jaar te voren opzegt. ASML geeft veel geld uit aan onderzoek en ontwikkeling;
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.