Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Clinical Immunology Sourcing Associate at the Clinical Immunology (CI) department of Janssen Vaccines in Leiden.
The CI departmental support team is responsible for the outsourcing strategy and contracting for Immuno assays for Vaccine programs. Building good relationships with Immuno labs and collaboration with other roles in CI to successfully outsource activities is key. In addition, the group is responsible for feasibility and qualification of clinical sample processing laboratories (SPLs) as requested by the Global Clinical Operations department (GCO) and supports the sample logistics.
- Managing the realization of vendor contracts in a timely manner
- Function as Point of Contact for vendors to obtain Scope of Works, PO management and be involved as needed in issue escalations.
- Assess the feasibility of Sample Processing Labs selected for PBMC isolation on clinical samples for cellular testing
- Perform qualification of selected SPLs on request of GCO (e.g. review data, request training, give on-site training in PBMC isolation)
- Ensure a sufficient quality of isolated PBMCs before qualification of the SPLs
- Build and maintain internal and external relationships
- Understand basic sample requirements for clinical trials
- Build and maintain an internal and external network to optimize the feasibility process
- Bachelor in biological/ medical sciences
- At least 2 years relevant working experience; e.g. in pharma, CRO
- Laboratory work experience with PBMC isolation
- Experience with process improvement (Lean, 5S)
- Fluency in English
- Accuracy and reliability
- Planning, overview
- Innovating capabilities
- Communication capabilities
- Operational troubleshooting capabilities
- Time to execute contracts and resolve contractual issues
- Managerial capabilities (i.e. initiative and follow-up on issues, priority setting, process improvement)
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 2800 and 3800 euro gross per 4 week period). You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.