Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Associate Protein Separations.
For the Protein Separations team of our client, we are looking for a (Senior) Research Associate with extensive expertise in protein purification and characterization. In addition, experience with high-throughput purification, laboratory robotics and/or automated analysis processes is required. The role will be focused at the scouting, testing and implementation of new technologies to support high-throughput antibody production processes.
The Protein Separations team is responsible for the delivery of high-quality materials to research and development teams. Your role is to optimize the process of protein purification and characterization to support increased future demand. By developing and setting up an automated process you will contribute to research towards novel antibody formats and development of the preclinical pipeline.
- With your up to date protein separation expertise and knowledge about antibody biochemistry, you will support technological innovation projects.
- You will implement new technology and set up processes for high-throughput antibody purification and analysis.
- You have a knowledge of, and experience with the most commonly used protein separation, biochemistry, HPLC/UPLC and mass spectrometry techniques.
- You document results in presentations and reports and have experience with reporting of results in laboratory information management systems (LIMS).
- You have a completed BSc or MSc education or equivalent (candidates with a PhD (background) will not be considered for this role)
- You have a broad knowledge of, and experience (>5 years) with the most commonly used protein separation techniques and analytic characterization, automation of workflows and data handling
- You want to combine your expertise in protein purification and process automation and contribute to our ambition of setting up high-throughput processes to accelerate antibody discovery and research projects
- You have experience working with instruments like TECAN or Kingfisher
- You have experience with scripting
- You have excellent relational and communication skills in English
- You have a valid work permit for the Netherlands
- You are proactive
- You have a hands-on mentality
- You are results-driven
- You are motivated by delivering high-quality output and are used to working according to a quality system.
- You are a strong team player and collaborate effectively with internal and external parties in project and expert teams.
- You are able to work with tight deadlines, are capable of running several projects in parallel and adjust priorities appropriately
Direct and full-time employment at our client. Salary between 2800 and 4800 euro gross per month (based on seniority).
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.