In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Get to know that the average heart beats about 100.000 times daily.
- And that more than 7 million people each year die from coronary heart disease - so, innovation, prevention, diagnosis and treatment is essential to reduce this number and improve the life of the patient.
- At Philips IGT-Devices we are working on industry leading solutions helping clinicians on deciding, guiding, treating and confirming the right therapy for each patient in real-time during image-guided therapies (IGT).
Are you an enthusiastic Software Developer with relevant experience in the software medical applications industry looking for the next challenge? If the answer is yes, Philips IGT-D might have the opportunity you are looking for!
You are a part of an extremely driven international cross-functional R&D team of the business unit Image Guided Therapy Devices. Your local team is in Best, The Netherlands, and you will collaborate with other teams globally. Thereby making it a multidisciplinary international endeavor, where flexibility is key. Read more about our cardiology solutions via our site. As Software Developer IGT Devices, you will report into the Software Manager, Consoles R&D, IGT Devices. We collaborate in an open and informal way to drive exponential business growth at the intersection of innovation, entrepreneurship and passion - delivering cutting edge technologies that solve century old health challenges with greater speed, higher quality and better accuracy for individuals and families around the world. Join us!!!
Philips IGT-Devices is looking for a strong C++ software developer to contribute to our intravascular imaging and functional measurement applications. The software teams main goal is to de-risk technical designs in an early stage and demonstrate this with early prototypes as well as finalizing these clinical applications and bringing them to the market.
The successful candidate will be a software developer who has a proven track record of modern C++ and graphical user interface software development. He or she is able to deliver high quality designs within project timelines considering the medical device compliance and will be working in a diverse team of highly capable engineers (software and hardware).
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor or Master degree in computer science or computer engineering;
• Excellent programming and design skills in modern C++ and very familiar with implementing real-time graphical user interfaces (for example with frameworks such as QT);
• 5 years experience developing a high-tech applications;
• Familiar with linear algebra;
• Familiar with advanced and product development processes for medical devices;
• Able to share knowledge across teams and strives for continuous improvement;
• Strong in collaboration with a broad variety of stakeholders including the software center of excellence and system engineering.
Depending on your educational level and relevant years of working experience, we offer you a competitive salary and other attractive contractual components. Besides this, we facilitate flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home. We also offer side benefits, such as discount on collective health insurance as well as a good pension scheme.
We will boost your career through personal and technical development. We’ll support you by offering personalized growth guidance and the possibility to follow a wide range of courses and training via Yacht Academy. You’ll become part of a group of professionals with your same (or similar) background and ambitions. This way you will have the chance to enhance your professional network and learn constantly.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.