Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a (Senior) Research Associate Screening and Assay Technologies.
As a (Senior) Research Associate in the Screening and Assay Technologies (SAT) team you are responsible for the characterization of antibody panels using automated medium to high throughput screening assays. You will work with highly motivated colleagues supporting the organization with the development, execution and characterization of antibody panels.
The SAT team is part of the Lead Discovery & Technology department, providing state-of-the-art antibody screening expertise and technologies to the research organization and delivering antibody leads to other expert teams.
- You will perform assay development and execute label-free antibody characterization assays in 384-well format using Biolayer Interferometry (BLI)-based ForteBio Octet HTX instruments. Such assays will include antibody kinetics, epitope binning, IgG quantification, target-ligand blocking, etc.
- While performing label-free Octet assays will be your main responsibility, you are also expected to contribute to the evaluation and implementation of new technologies
- You are responsible for the electronic documentation of assay development, reporting of screening results and pro-active communication with your internal clients and the SAT team
- You will create work instructions and calculation templates
- You will work across multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- You have a finished Bachelor or Master degree or a similar level of knowledge in life sciences, biochemistry, biology or biotechnology (candidates with a PhD background will not be considered for this role)
- You have experience in (assay) technologies, ideally antibody binding assays
- You have experience in label-free technologies, preferably ForteBio Octet BLI technology or similar technologies such as Surface Plasma Resonance (SPR)
- Experience with antibodies and affinity for laboratory automation is an advantage
- Cell culture experience would be advantageous to have
- You enjoy analyzing data and writing reports as much as you enjoy the preceding lab-work, because data-analysis and reporting is an important part of your responsibilities
- You work accurately, both in the laboratory and when analyzing and reporting data
- You are a team player focused on achieving goals
- You take initiative and can communicate fluent in English
- You are customer orientated
- You can run several projects in parallel and are flexible in your approach
Direct contract at our client, full-time. This position starts with a 1 year contract, and can covert into permanent after the 1st year. Salary depends on seniority (2800 - 4800 euro gross per month, excluding 8% holiday allowance).
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.