Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Scientist Upstream Processing (USP).
The USP department is responsible for early- as well as late-stage development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs. The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. This is done in close collaboration with many partners in Discovery, Development and Supply Chain in an international environment. Within the USP department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects.
- Develops and executes USP early- and late-stage development and tech transfer strategies
- Creates and manages research plans in the delivery of business results
- Represents USP in multidisciplinary project team(s)
- Acts as author in the preparation of presentations, technical reports, documents for regulatory filing and patents
- Applies the latest technological innovations into the daily work. One of the major innovations currently explored is modeling, data management and statistical analysis applied to bioprocessing
- PhD. degree or post-doctorate degree bio-pharmaceutical sciences, biotechnology, engineering or related fields
- > 2 years of late-stage bio-pharmaceutical industrial experience
- Technical knowledge on bioreactor process technology; ideally for R&D and/or commercial (GMP) purposes
- Experience with two or more of the following: life cycle process validation; regulatory submission writing; process improvements; technology transfer; manufacturing support.
- High integrity & instilling trust
- Ability to help the team make decisions and formulate priorities
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is anticipated). Salary between 4000 and 4800 gross per 4 week period.
Start date: as soon as possible.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is part of Johnson & Johnson, one of the biggest and most respected health care companies in the world. We are dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacturing and marketing of novel vaccines to prevent some of the most devastating and complex infectious diseases. These range from respiratory infections like respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and pathogens of global concern such as Ebola and COVID-19.
In our organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are of crucial importance. We are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.