Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Scientist Protein Sciences.
The Scientist Protein Sciences is responsible for setting-up in vitro and cellular assays to study protein functionality and is involved in the cloning, expression, biochemical and functional characterization of proteins for investigations of targets leading to solutions in various disease areas, f/e lung cancer and colorectal cancer.
We are looking for a Scientist with a proven track record in the development and validation of cellular and biochemical assays such as but not limited to FACS, AlphaLisa, ELISPot, NanoBit/Bret, fluorescence spectroscopy, ELISA, Octet, gel electrophoresis and Western blot.
A prerequisite is the proven ability to apply newly developed assays to sample sets either in-house or following transfer to an external site. Hands-on experience with generating recombinant production (mammalian) cells/cell lines is needed to allow generating materials required for assay setup or as controls.
The Scientist is expected to design, lead and implement experiments supporting the research projects. Furthermore, close working relationships are expected with internal and external partners. The Scientist will actively participate in lab-work, drafting study plans and analyzing and interpreting scientific data.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Executes and supervises the cellular functional characterization of proteins.
- Initiates and monitors studies outsourced to contract research organizations and academic collaborators.
- Writes study plans for (in house) exploration and outsourcing activities, aligned with the objectives and strategy, ensuring input and support by functions such as statistics, planning, as well as management.
- Consults and collaborates with other team members to analyse and resolve study design and analysis problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine experimental strategies.
- Identifies and advises on new technologies.
- Reports results, discuss conclusions, and suggest follow up experiments and projects.
- PhD degree with 0-5 years post-doctoral experience or a minimum of 10 years of experience performing progressively advanced duties on a Scientist level beyond a MSc degree
- Experience in working with different types of cells and with cell-based assays for in vitro functional assays as well as cloning and expression of proteins is a prerequisite.
- Experience with analytical techniques to characterize proteins such as ELISA, OCTET, gel electrophoresis, Western blot is needed.
- Experience and know-how in the field of immunology and/or with protein purification, e.g. affinity based, and size exclusion is a plus.
- Demonstrable skills in trouble shooting, can-do attitude to deliver on targets.
- Working efficiently and independently towards solutions from literature searches to hands on experimental lab work.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, good judgment, planning and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
Terms of employment:
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 6 months. Full time preferred, 32 hours discussable.
We will offer a competitive benefit package in line with the seniority of the position. You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and to become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers, you will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy in order to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date, i.e. boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Information about the company:
International pharmaceutical company
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.