We are looking for a Dry Etching Process Engineer to join Philips and the operation team of the MEMS and Micro Devices Depertment within Philips Innovation Services Technology Laboratories.
In this role (Dry Etching Process Engineer), you have the opportunity to initiate and work on process engineering & development projects in the area of plasma etching for integrated thin film applications, products and processes for internal and external customers with the purpose of delivering a base-line process.
- - Supporting the dry etching cluster towards industrialization;
- - Supporting the Dry engineering cluster program;
- - Interaction with Project Managers, Sales, Product Engineers and Operators/Technicians.
You are responsible for
- The plasma etching equipment, maintaining the processes at a good and stable level;
- Writing and maintaining documentation supporting process engineering and work instruction transfer to Operations;
- Application and development of (new) processes inside the field of plasma etching, mostly within the context of a project;
- Participating in projects realizing the agreed deliverables, contributing or making relevant technological choices inside the field of plasma etching, during the different stages of the project for both Internal and external clients;
- Judging the possibilities of reusing existing knowledge and the need for new developments in the field of plasma etching;
- Continually developing your technological knowledge and expertise within your field;
- Complying with the ESH policy, rules and regulations.
We are looking for
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- A Master or Bachelor degree in the area of the exact sciences;
- Willingness to work in process engineering & development: experience in the field is a plus;
- Knowledge of plasma etching technology used for thin film processing;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, both technical as interpersonal;
- Capable of combining physical and chemical knowledge in order to understand the complex plasma etch processes and their interaction with thin films;
- Knowledge of fundamental tools (DOE, SPC, Problem Solving, Teamwork, etc.), required in an engineering environment;
- Has a pragmatic and flexible attitude with a result driven can-do mentality;
- Excellent communication skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English.
This role will appeal to you if you ….
- Enjoy working in cross-functional teams;
- Have an affinity with innovative development projects to be lead towards manufacturing.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and to develop yourself and your expertise.
Highly motivated and skilled team of (Senior) Process Engineers and Technicians, who are highly experienced in supporting customers both inside and outside Philips, ranging from major companies and institutes like ASML, NXP, Holst to highly innovative start-ups.
The Process and Product Engineering group is part of the Operations team of the MEMS and Micro Devices Department within Philips Innovation Services Technology Laboratories and consists of about 18 experts.
We focus on the continuous improvement of the existing and new technologies, processes and equipment used for the realization of integral (flowchart) solutions and low volume production in the application fields of MEMS, flexible devices, sensors, actuators, switches, harvesters for lighting, medical and semiconductor applications.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.