As an FPGA/VHDL Designer you will be part of the Embedded Systems department, a group consisting of FPGA/VHDL Designers, Embedded Software Designers, Hardware Designers and PCB Designers. Together with your colleagues you work on electronics solutions, in which you are the FPGA expert, which we develop and produce for and in consultation with our customers. From your professional adult role you are able to manage juniors in addition to your own work and teach them the tricks of the job.
Your tasks also include:
- drawing up concept solutions, budgeting work for quotation;
- drawing up specifications and reviewing these with the customer;
- independently design, implement, test and document a design;
- having access to the most recent knowledge in their own field of expertise FPGA/VHDL and updating this further where necessary;
- being and remaining aware of development tools and practices;
- working with and according to (internal) coding standards;
- participating in project teams: internal/external system architect, HW and SW Designers;
- assisting with the production of the developed products completion of assigned work in accordance with the schedule;
- managing and supervising junior FPGA designers;
- work can be carried out on client location as well as that of its customers.
Functie-eisenWhat do we ask of you as an FPGA/VHDL Designer?
First of all, you have good communication and social skills. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and by asking questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. You have a broad interest and experience in the technology of both firmware but also hardware and software for embedded systems design. You are able, possibly together with an electronics/PCBA designer, to make a well-founded hardware choice. It goes without saying that you will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team, but you are also able to fulfill your function on your own. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimally and accurately as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
- a completed Higher/Academic grade in the field of electronics or similar;
- thorough knowledge of – and experience with modelling samples (e.g. VHDL, Verilog, HLS);
- thorough knowledge of the specific development tools (e.g. Vivado, Quartus, Modelsim, Questasim, Mentor CDC);
- familiar with building simulation models / testbench for use with e.g. Modelsim or Questasim;
- familiar with HW development tools (e.g. Spice, Matlab) Familiar with programming languages (e.g. C/C++/#, Java, Python);
- experience with quality techniques such as FMEA, MTBF;
- good knowledge and experience with MS Office Word and Excel;
- good communication and writing skills in Dutch and English;
- willingness to carry out work on location of our clients.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.