For Firestone Industrial Products Europe B.V. we are looking for a Development Engineer with an automotive background. Location is Arnhem, maximum salary is € 4.000,-.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translate the customer requirements into an air spring design, using CAD/FEA and other calculation tools;
- Consultation and reviews with customers;
- Consultation with suppliers;
- Initiate prototype production with plant;
- Initiate and guide lab and field testing;
- Evaluate testing and create reports.
The ideal candidate has the following background:
- Technical or university education in mechanical- or automotive engineering;
- Experience in the automotive industry (preferred);
- Good spoken and written skills in English and German (native German preferred);
- 3-8 years work experience in a relevant industry with OE product development;
- Experience in 3D CAD and FEA.
- Independent, pragmatic, accurate and 'willing to know' how things work (natural curiousity);
- Hands-on and can-do mentality (like a pioneer);
- Own initiative and perseverance;
- Good social and communicative skills.
Firestone offers a very divers job in an international customer focused environment (over 10 nationalities!) with an open door and 'can do' mentality and challenging automotive projects. Our working conditions are good (including a yearly bonus) and international career opportunities.
Firestone Industrial Products is an international supplier of advanced air springs to eliminate vibration in transportation. We are part of Bridgestone globally with our European Headquarters in Arnhem. For our Development Center in Arnhem we are looking for an enthusiastic: Product Development Engineer (m/v)
We offer a challenging work environment where you are responsible for the development of new air springs and related components with focus on our OE (Original Equipment) automotive customers.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.