Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Protein Mass Spectrometry.
You will be part of the Analytical Science team in the Protein Production and Chemistry department, responsible for analytical innovation, assay development and in-depth protein characterization of proteins. Your team provides versatile and advanced analytical support with state-of-the-art equipment in all phases of drug development. As a Senior Research Associate, you will use your strong hands-on skills combined with your detailed eye for documentation to strengthen the creation of work-packages.
- With your up-to-date knowledge and broad experience with analytical techniques you perform mass spectrometry-based analysis of proteins and peptides, for protein identification, characterization, and quantification to support research, drug discovery and particularly antibody development programs
- The scope of investigation ranges from in-depth analysis of individual proteins and antibodies to quantitative proteomics studies. Additionally, responsibilities may include instrument maintenance
- You will be able to conduct assay development and qualifications and writing study reports regarding assay development and qualification
- You will interact closely with colleagues working in the research areas of protein expression/purification, biochemistry, and cell biology. In addition, your data will have a strong contribution to early and late-stage development (CMC)
- You proactively look for ways to increase efficiency and optimize work processes
- You will increasingly contribute in the future towards documenting scientific results in reports for product development, contributing towards IND/CTA or BLA/MAA filings
- You have completed a MSc with at least 3 years of hands-on work experience, or a BSc with at least 5 years’ experience in protein mass spectrometry
- You are experienced in both instrumentation and application of LC/MS/MS systems, protein chemistry, chromatography, and peptide MS/MS data analysis
- Work experience in a biotechnology company is highly preferred. Other industrial experience is possible as long as proteomics and LC/MS experience are there. Not just academic experience.
- You are interested in late-stage analytical characterization of antibody products and can produce high-quality analytical characterization reports to support regulatory filings
- You are highly motivated to perform experiments in the field of analytical sciences
- You are focused on achieving goals that are important for the team and our organization
- You take the initiative, enjoy working in a group, and inspire others with your enthusiasm
- You can run several experiments in parallel, adjusting priorities appropriately together with the team
- You are a flexible team player and are motivated by high-quality results
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Direct and full-time employment at our client. Starts with a 1 year contract which can convert into permanent after 1 year.
Salary between 3600 and 4900 euro gross per month.
Dynamic and innovative environment. Every employee is strongly motivated to participate in the development of new medicines which improve patients' lives. The company culture is aimed at innovation and excellence. Employees are passionate and work with determination and respect for each other to achieve our common goals. They work in multi-functional and international teams, in which each employee is stimulated to use his/her talent to contribute to innovation and results.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.