Due to the covid 19 situation we are currently focussing on candidates that are legally allowed to work in the Netherlands.
Our client offers a combination of services across the entire product life cycle of high-grade industrial electronics applications. These services consist of co-development up to and including sustaining services.
What are you going to do as a Mechanical Designer?
You are co-responsible for the mechanical design of the entire (sub)system around the electronics. In this position you also work together with the Electromechanical Engineering team and the Embedded Systems teams.
Your tasks also includes:
- Drawing up specifications in cooperation with the customer;
- Carrying out or supervising feasibility studies;
- Independently design, implement, test and document mechanical engineering constructions and (parts of) equipment;
- Realization of Design and/or Process FMEA's;
- Drawing up product (production) improvement proposals;
- Participating in the project team from a mechanical point of view, for example in reviews and consultations with the client;
- Completion of assigned work according to schedule;
- Being and remaining aware of available (production) technology.
What do we ask of you as a Mechanical Designer?
First of all, you are communicative and sociable. You know how to maintain good contacts with your colleagues, suppliers and customers and you know what is going on with the various parties. In order to get things clear, you are able to listen carefully and ask questions so that you have the right information at your disposal. In addition, you have a broad interest and experience in mechanical engineering, as well as an affinity with the design of electronic systems. You will keep up with the developments in your field. You are able to work in a team, but you are also able to fulfil your function independently. It goes without saying that you are neat and accurate in your work and that your designs are made as optimally and accurately as possible.
Furthermore, you bring:
- A completed HBO or university degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Knowledge in the field of injection molding and diecast design techniques;
- Knowledge of shielding, sealing and robustness of products applicable in relatively extreme situations;
- Experience with NX (pre) or another 3D design package;
- Knowledge of FEM calculations;
- A pragmatic and problem-solving attitude;
- Good communication and written skills in Dutch and English.
Where do you come to work as a Mechanical Designer?
This company is a decentralized and therefore decisive organization, consisting of a holding company with sixteen operating companies in the Netherlands, Germany, Slovakia and China and a sales and service office in Singapore. We not only consider our service to customers to be important, but also that we create a pleasant working environment for our more than 2,900 colleagues worldwide. Creativity and job satisfaction are central to us and we attach great value to personal relationships with our customers. We believe that real attention to people leads to better service and a further increase in the quality of our products: products that make our lives more enjoyable. Our core values are: proactive, customer-oriented, teamwork, flexible and creative, partnership, agreement is agreement and drive.
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended
Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies.
This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry.
You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
Yacht is a contractor for highly educated professionals (BSc, MSc, or PhD) who’ll work on-site and innovate together with our customers to find smart solutions. Being part of the worldwide Randstad Group we have an extensive network of clients and professionals.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.