Did you know that one out of three trucks registered in the Netherlands, is a DAF truck? Or that DAF was one of the first European truck manufacturers that lived up to the ISO 14001 environmental standard? This is in line with DAF's philosophy of transportefficiency, which drives DAF to continuously strive for innovation. Would you like to take part in the development of engines suitable for the future?
You are ready to take on
A wide variety of responsibilities. You will prepare, execute and analyze functional tests of investigations on engine sub-systems / components and their controls. This means you will focus on engine mechanics and mechatronics. You coordinate test set-up and test execution and develope new test procedures for engine components and engine systems and their controls. Document and evaluate test results are an important part of this working process.
- The ideal candidate brings the following experience for the position of Functional Test Engineer:Bachelor or Master degree on Mechanical engineering or Automotive with demonstrable experience on mechatronics
- Knowledge of internal combustion engines and sub-systems like engine cooling and engine lubrications systems etc.
- In depth knowledge of modern control, sensors, actuators and electronics
- Knowledge on thermodynamics and fluid dynamics is preferred
- Familiar with measurement techniques for temperature, pressure, flow and data analysis
- Enthusiasm to deal with complex engine systems and development of solutions for complex technical challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work in a complex project oriented environment
- Good English skills are mandatory combined with learning Dutch. Advanced level Dutch is a pré.
- Dutch language level: minimum A2 (beginner)
We will boost your career through personal and technical growth. We’ll support you by offering a personal coach and the possibility to follow courses and training via our highly recommended Yacht Academy. We’ll offer interesting benefits and a market conform salary. You’ll become member of the team of professionals who share your education, ambitions and your competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues from Yacht in your own technology language! You’ll become a member of the yacht network, which stretches the high tech industry. You will be challenged by your peers. As a result you’ll be able to keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date!
DAF Trucks is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe. They are successful because the demands and requirements of their customers are decisive for the development of the products.
Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF Engine Development is the center of competence for Engine Development. In our state-of-art engine development center we develop engine families for future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. As a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality premium trucks we offer multiple opportunities to contribute to our success in a multi-disciplinary team.
The Functional Testing Team determines whether an engine and its subsystems are functioning according to established standards while the engine operates in its intended environment.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.