Orlaco supplies robust cameras and monitors that function under extreme conditions. We keep development and production in our own hands: with a team of more than two hundred and fifty employees, we create vision solutions for earth-moving machines, trucks, cranes, forklift trucks, shipping and emergency vehicles. Started as a company in Barneveld, Orlaco has grown into a multinational with sales offices in the United States, Germany and Japan. Due to growth, there is room for:
Functional Safety Engineer
As a Functional Safety Engineer you are the leader in functional safety within Stoneridge-Orlaco. Thanks to you, our products and processes always meet the safety requirements of our customers worldwide and in various markets. You know everything about the latest developments in functional safety regulations, find out what our customers want and advise whether that is feasible. You then translate these requirements into technical specifications that your colleagues in engineering can use. You also organize training and contribute to new methods, so that our organization continues to develop in functional safety.
- You work together in project teams and customers to ensure that the product design meets the functional safety requirements. Together you translate all requirements into technical specifications and application in the products;
- You initiate and perform the analyzes required for functional safety. Together with colleagues you ensure that the documentation is correct on a daily basis;
- Ensure that your colleagues comply with regulations and customer requirements. Otherwise, you intervene in time;
- To make all this possible, organize training courses, inform those involved appropriately and contribute to appropriate design and production methods;
- You actively monitor developments in international regulations. And you manage the necessary literature and documentation.
Education and experience
- You have a higher professional education and thinking level;
- You have completed relevant training in the field of automotive, software, system design or electronics;
- You have experience in implementing and executing Functional Safety activities;
- You preferably have knowledge of: C and Matlab, Automotive SPICE and Autosar, Functional safety standards in various markets, Automotive system development (OEM or Tier 1): drafting system and component specifications, APQP tools according to automotive quality management system IATF 16949 such as Design Reviews, DFMEA, DVP & R, 8D, Testing and Certification, International Certification Trajectories;
- You master English (written and spoken);
- You work in a structured manner and have insight into the work of your colleagues;
- You have up-to-date knowledge in the field of technological development.
Orlaco offers you a versatile growth function, based on continuous improvement. You like freedom and take responsibility. We value motivated employees and offer a good salary and excellent conditions for this.
What does Orlaco offer?
Orlaco offers you a versatile growth function, based on continuous improvement. You like freedom and personal responsibility within a no-nonsense company. We value motivated employees and offer a good salary and excellent conditions for this.
What do we stand for?
Orlaco stands for Eyes right, left, rear, complete overview. We believe that optimal visibility around all machines, vehicles and vessels should be self-evident. We continuously work on innovation to develop a reliable, high-quality solution for every situation, with the aim of increasing safety, efficiency, damage reduction and comfort. Vision is our mission. All activities are crucial to fulfill our mission: from development and production to delivery and service.
What do we value?
Customer orientation is of paramount importance to Orlaco. We tailor our activities to the needs of the customer. We do not lose sight of the care for the environment, health and safety. We work safely, cleanly and environmentally friendly and organize our processes efficiently and effectively. Our employees are motivated and well trained. At Orlaco we work as one team, where every link is important.
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.