As an Application Engineer you are part of a team of highly skilled engineers within the financial retail area. The Application Engineer ensures the operational stability, integrity and availability across the entire end-to-end application chain together with the squad. With the help of the Agile methodologies, you will support the company in delivering and maintaining quality products to our customers.
The Application Engineer understands the complete Private Cloud stack from application to hardware. He/she understands the detailed workflow of the strategic EPOS application, expected transactional volumes, the detailed technical behaviour of JBoss application servers and Oracle databases and the importance of maintaining a high security profile, safeguarding the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of data and information assets.
An Application Engineer actively monitors, manages, tests, deploys and operates the application noting the detailed technical behaviour and performance across all aspects of the application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. He/she continuously improves the automation of deployment with TFS and Ansible and operations tools and activities.
As an engineer you are enthusiastic about acquiring and transferring knowledge to others.
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens continuously and invests in others to achieve common goals.
As an Engineer you will need to:
- Have strong problem solving skills to structure and improve complex situations
- Be experienced with monitoring tools like Grafana and ELK but also able to write scripts (bash/shell)
- Have knowledge of Continuous Integration and Delivery tools like: GIT, Jenkins, Ansible and TFS
- Have experience with Linux, Oracle and Middleware like JBoss
- Be experienced in Agile and Continuous Delivery practices
- Be a strong team player and have good social and communication skills
- Be pro-active and assertive
- Have a learning attitude. Not only to master new technologies but also on the interpersonal level. You are proven to be able to ask and give feedback
- Be able to work under pressure and willing to be on stand-by outside office hours
- Have experience with working in multicultural /diverse teams
- Have an excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
Financial organisation in Amsterdam
Inclusiviteit en diversiteit
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent. We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie, die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.