Together with 500 colleagues you will work on a smarter, more skillful and more creative Netherlands.
Over de functie
Is it your challenge to develop and manage a search platform with millions of users, while you also help design and develop the successor of this search platform? And are you proud to guide the Royal Library on their first DevOps steps? Then this job at the Royal Library is
really something for you.
What will you do at the Royal Library?
The Royal Library is looking for a DevOps Engineer with the profile of a backend developer. In your role as DevOps Engineer you will help build the Open Search Platform (OSP) and also do the operational management based on DevOps. The OSP ensures that bibliographic metadata of both physical and digital collections are enriched and made searchable in a standardized manner. The OSP fulfills a central function
for the National Digital Library and the National Library Catalog and makes all physical and digital collections of publicly funded public libraries traceable. For this challenging task of the Royal Library, we are looking for a Software Engineer. As a Software Engineer you are the point of contact from the operation, but you also contribute to the further development of the system. Of course you do not do this alone, but in a
team, you have experience with Agile and Scrum. You are also regularly involved in the consignment service. After all, IT systems are available 24/7. However, the consignment service is limited to 17/7.
What do you offer?
- Minimum Bachelor working and thinking level.
- Solid experience in Java development and familiar with Python, but you are also familiar with software development tooling such as GIT.
- Knowledge of and experience with operational management of Linux and applications where knowledge of Ansible is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with search indexes (Lucene based) and OAI-PMH harvesting protocol is an advantage.
- Good analytical skills, pragmatic, solution and result oriented, proactive, creative.
- Business and technical communication skills, in English (Dutch is a huge advantage).
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum) and you are a team player.
What do we offer?
- A great place to work for 40 hours per week, initially for a period of 1 year, with the prospect of an extension.
- A good salary between € 2,736.00 and € 4,339.00 gross per month (scale 10) based on 40 hours, a thirteenth month (8.33%) and full reimbursement of your daily travel costs.
- You build up pension via the ABP pension fund.
- An attractive package of benefits that you can put together yourself, including buying and selling holidays.
- We believe it is important to have a good work-life balance. That is why you can make agreements about flexible working hours, you have many days off (42 days a year with a full job) and parental leave is partly paid. Working from home is also an option in many positions.
- Plenty of room to learn and develop further.
- A workplace in the heart of The Hague, a three-minute walk from Central Station.
Who are we?
The Royal Library is the National Library of the Netherlands. Tasks include preserving, collecting and making available all publications that are published in or about the Netherlands, while we are building the National Digital Library. After all, the world around us is digitizing rapidly and we play an important role in offering digital publications. About 4.5 million Dutch people use our digital services, including the national online Library (tens
of thousands of e-books and thousands of audiobooks) and Delpher (tens of millions of digitized newspaper pages). We not only take care of the physical collections of Dutch heritage and science institutions, but are now also an IT company. In short, more happens than you think at the Royal Library. Together with 500 colleagues you will work on a smarter, more skilful and more creative Netherlands.
Where do you work?
You work in the IT Development team with 20 driven software engineers, working on projects and components that realize the national services for Public Libraries, but also on Royal Library services such as Delpher and a Digital Warehouse for the Dutch written word. From this team you work in a multidisciplinary scrum team that realizes and manages the OSP.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Cemil Çakir via telefoonnummer 06-27376610
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.