Passion is the difference between having a job or having a career.
Over de functie
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Logistics Manager in Europoort. As Assistant Logistics Manager you are responsible for the planning of logistical flows, handling of transports for customers, efficient processing of purchase and sales contracts and the handling of logistics documents for the product groups rapeseed, soybeans and meal. You are part of the Logistics department. You are responsible for the department when the logistics Manager is absent. Including the Manager and yourself, the Logistics department consists of 9 employees. You maintain daily contacts with the commercial organization, the production organization, customers and with forwarders. This position consist out of approx 70% operational tasks and 30% focus on development/projects.
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the main duties of this role will include:
- Back-up of the Logistics Manager;
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the logistical flows, such that the agreed service levels and the production demand are met at the minimal costs and as such that the available capacity is optimally utilized;
- Supporting employees in their daily work which includes the execution of contracts, administrating contract positions and the handling of shipping documents for import and export;
- Development and training of employees;
- Maintaining and developing contacts with customers and forwarders;
- Liaising with trading, production, Finance department customers and suppliers;
- (Advising on) logistic related procurement;
- Continuously improving the department's activities through automation and other initiatives;
- Accurate and timely reporting on different levels;
The successful candidate:
- Has a bachelor degree in Logistics or Business Economics;
- Has good knowledge and experience of logistical processes at European and global level;
- Has experience with the execution of contracts, preferably knowledge of contracts like Gafta/Fosfa/Vernof/etc;
- Is the connecting element between the departments of logistics, commerce, production and finance;
- Has excellent communication skills in Dutch, English and preferably German;
- Has excellent knowledge of Excel and has knowledge of other applications like MS office and logistical applications;
- Has strong analytical skills and has a drive to improve the business and logistics processes;
- Is ambitious to further develop him/herself and wants to grow within the organization to take a future bigger role;
- Is a team player who is will develop his/her existing leadership/managerial skills to assist the Logistics Manager with coaching and training the team;
- Because the position has a broad responsibility, the organisation expects from a candidate that he/she has a proactive mentality and can work under high levels of stress;
- Salary: 45-65K per year, depending on education and experience;
- Holidays: minimum 25 per year. From the age of 35, 1 day per year is added every 5 years. For example, someone of 36 has 26 days and someone of 42 has 27 days.
- Fulltime, 40 hours per week.
- Business travel allowance € 0.38 gross per kilometre.
- Travel allowance at € 0.19 net per km for a maximum of 35 kilometres per one-way trip.
Client of Yacht
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Baris Karabulut via telefoonnummer 06-83973418
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.