Analysis is the critical starting point of strategic thinking.
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Scientist Clinical Immunology.
The Clinical Immunology department is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. In close collaboration with the Biomarker group and clinical development group, the clinical immunology department executes the immuno strategies and ensures the development, and validation of the required immunological assays as well as clinical sample analysis and data reporting. Typical assays to determine the immunogenicity of vaccines are the antibody ELISA, T cell ELISpot, Intracellular Cytokine Staining, and virus neutralization assays. The clinical immunology department offers Janssen Vaccines with services in Scientific and operational excellence, with high standards of quality and compliance.
The main responsibility of the Scientist is to design and execute experiments for the development and validation of immunological assays to be used in the analysis of samples from clinical trials, and to generate high-quality scientific reports to document his/her work. Besides this, the Scientist is responsible the long-term life cycle management of the methods he/she is the expert on, together with the key reagents, equipment and data analysis tools required for the assay to be performed.
The Scientist is expected to maintain his/her technical edge by following relevant literature and knowledge in the field, or by performing experiments on a regular basis, to support assay development processes. His/her activities must be executed according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements. He/she must remain aware and tackle any assay-related issues and potential areas of improvement in the laboratory. He/she is responsible for instructing associate and assistant scientist on the scientific fundamentals of the assays he is responsible for, and to critically review to the data generated by them.
- Finished PhD in biological/medical sciences or equivalent, with strong immunology or virology background
- At least 3 years additional experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Extensive, hands-on experience in the development to validation of serology or cell-based assays (ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assays, ELISPOT, Flow Cytometry or similar) according to regulatory standards such as ICH, in a company setting
- Excellent skills in technical writing
- Proven knowledge of procedures to establish comparability and bridging of critical reagents
- Experience with set up of experimental plans using the “Design of Experiment (DoE)” principles is a plus
- Knowledge of biostatistics. Experience in statistical programs such as SPSS or JMP is a must
- Affinity for data analysis and the thorough review of the data generated by others.
- Experience in high-throughput assays is desirable
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Experienced in working under quality standards such as GCLP, GCP or GMP.
- Proactive, quality minded and flexible
- Able to remain calm and positive under pressure
- A team player with soft skills, able to motivate and empower others
- Good planning and coordinating skills
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 3600 and 4400 euro gross per 4 week period). You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.