Data meets Software
Over de functie
Main characteristics of the data SW engineer:
- Designs, implements and tests data oriented features on function/subsystem level conform the departmental and project procedures and documentation, coding, test and verification guidelines. The job entails responsibility for independently organizing reviews of this design with colleagues, in addition to those with the function designer. The SW engineer responds to directions from the Function Responsible and the function designer and acts in line with departmental and project processes. For day-to-day professional problems the SW engineer consults the Function Responsible and fellow SW engineers. Any potential failures to meet schedules are reported to the Function Responsible and suggestions are made for avoiding overruns.
Key areas of responsibility
- Responsible for the design, implementation and testing of to be made of feature or function level.
- Understands the implication the overall SW design/architecture has for this design and communicates issues regarding the feasibility of such a design within the constraints of the overall SW architecture. Especially performance, scaleability and user interaction consequences are key factors.
- Acts in line with departmental and project guidelines.
- Acts as a team member and ensures an adequate level of know-how for the engineers in the team. Is responsible for input in the planning process.
- Inspires fellow engineers to get the job done.
Main experience required
- Has large expertise in used technologies (see project background). Key technology skills here are: SQL, DAX, C#, .NET, Kimball Dimensional Modelling techniques.
- Experience with BiGenius is highly recommended, as well as knowledge on Azure WebAPI.
- Keeps skills up-to date.
- Experience in working in teams. Experience in modern software engineering methods (preferably agile) and processes.
- Higher Vocational of university education in Computer/Software science or has reached this level through another form of training or experience.
- 3-5 Years experience in software engineering.
- Able to cover data oriented software development from design, coding unto testing
- Experience with using Microsoft development environment (VS, TFS) and Microsoft technologies
- Pre: Knowledge of Python
- Pre: (Some) knowledge and understanding of other disciplines with which co-operation takes place. Knowledge of design methods and engineering processes.
- Pre: Specific knowledge of the relevant area of application, where necessary.
- Analytical, creative and abstract thinker.
- Proven ability to be very productive and disciplined team player.
- Able to make optimal choice between Quality and Time.
- Able to work in project where not always Functional Specifications or Impact analysis are finalized.
- Not hesitant in retrieving information from other colleagues to get his work done.
- Likes learning new technologies, not afraid to pick them up as well.
- Good communicative skills.
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct
If you want to apply, please send me your
- CV in MS Word (English)
- Motivation in English
- Holiday planning
- Hour rate
- Project delivers a data and cloud based software system that provides services to customers and internal stakeholders. Amongst these services are reporting and dashboarding services. The system gathers data from all kinds of sources and premises, integrates that into a consistent model and works it up towards information. This information is made available towards reporting and dashboarding applications. The data part of the system is built mainly in Microsoft technology stack, which includes SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Analyses Services (SSAS, DAX tabular models), C#, .NET, WebAPI and PowerBI services. Dataflows are built using C#, SSIS and T-SQL, and BiGenius.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Patrick James via telefoonnummer 06-83248577
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.