Let's meet, let's talk, let's do it!
Over de functie
Unilever has recently opened its new global Foods Innovation Centre in Wageningen, The Netherlands. This state-of-the art facility, called “Hive” is situated at the campus of the agri-foods ecosystem, next door to Wageningen University and Research (WUR), Friesland-Campina, start-ups and many other related enterprises.
It is a vibrant workplace, home to around 500 Unilever R&D experts, and also offers workspace to 3rd parties. The aim is to work in a true ecosystem environment, to shape the next generation of innovations for Unilever.
Working through ‘ecosystems’ is the new model for Unilever, and the new R&D Centre in Wageningen is the flagship site to drive this. Hive is one of Unilever’s six key R&D sites next to the ones we have in Trumbull (US), Port Sunlight and Colworth (UK), Bangalore (India) and Shanghai (China).
Unilever wants to play an active role in the midst of the Wageningen ecosystem, and we want to be famous to be a ‘great place to work’, where creativity and entrepreneurship is highly regarded.
To build this reputation, we need someone who supports the Hive Leadership team to build a strong network, who actively manages his or her own network (both external and within Unilever). Who builds and executes a proactive PR strategy, and who is in charge of streamlining all communication activities.
So, we need a great team player, with energy and bias for action, to get things done. The winning candidate will have strong judgement, excellent writing skills, becoming a member of a dynamic team. Excellent organisational skills, information sharing instincts and confidence will also be important to manage internal networks and senior stakeholders.
Scope of role
- Develop proactive engagement and communication plans (internal and external) and ensure seamless deployment of activities.
- Execute and further explore opportunities to bring a PR plan around our vision on foods to live.
- Help building the narrative around foods system transformation.
- Develop all required materials (key messages, Q&As, briefing documents).
- Support R&D leader’s external engagement and communications on selected priority topics (including briefings, talking points, speeches, attending meetings, input for blog posts etc.).
- Member of Unilever’s Wageningen Site Leadership Team; member of F&R Global Comms team.
- Coordination of Unilever participation in Wageningen Campus Activity Planning.
- Monitor the external landscape – build own network of comms experts.
Key Skills & Competencies Required
- Passion for foods (including tea and ice cream!), food trends, cooking.
- Communications generalist, with an all-round working knowledge of the various disciplines of communications such as media relations, social media, issues management and employee engagement.
- Team player. Keeps a balance between personal accountability and delivery through teamwork.
- Proactive ‘can do’ attitude with flexibility in handling ad hoc requests with short deadlines.
- Ability to relate to wide range of personalities and levels of seniority.
- Understanding of how campaign groups, media, politics, governments and science operate and interact.
- Ability to manage relationships both external and with internal stakeholders in matrixed organisation.
- Calm under pressure.
- Effective influencing skills.
- Leadership communications and channels management, preferably in a global, business to consumer role.
- External communications and social media experience, plus good understanding of the influencer space relevant to R&D/Foods.
- Experience in planning / managing events
- Working with agencies, holding them accountable for executing to high standards and on time.
- Understanding of (Unilever’s) matrix structure and the implications involved in this.
Period: 1st April - 18th August
Hours: 40 per week
About F&R Division
Unilever’s Foods & Refreshment Division generated Turnover of €20.2 billion, accounting for 40% of Unilever Turnover and 58% of Operating Profit in 2018. The Division launched in January 2018 and includes the foods, ice cream and beverages categories, as well as Unilever Food Solutions, our dedicated foodservice business.
F&R is home to six global brands with turnover of €1 billion or above, namely Knorr, Hellmann’s, Magnum, Lipton and Heart brand (e.g. Ola in The Netherlands) and Food Solutions, as well as other famous global brands including Brooke Bond and Ben & Jerry’s. It also includes local jewels such as Bango and Robertson's plus recent B Corp acquisitions such as Pukka Herbs, Sir Kensington’s and Mae Terra.
F&R's ambition is to accelerate growth while improving underlying operating margin. F&R’s purpose 'Taste good, Feel good, Force for good' underpins our strategic priorities which are to: transform the portfolio; organise for agility and lower costs; and transform capabilities.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Nathalie de Munnik via telefoonnummer 06-42469110
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.