Let's meet, let's talk, let's do it!
Over de functie
We are looking for an Internal Communications professional, well-versed in creating impactfull communications that stimulate employee experience and engagement. A true talent in actively understanding how employees perceive certain changes and how effective communication can guide people through change. A genuine team player, always focused on the bigger picture and driving key messages.
Do you have experience in communicating with a highly technical, detail-oriented audience? Do you know how to build and execute communications plans, and do you have a knack for functional communications? Are you a team-oriented, proactive individual with a can-do-mentality who is passionate about how employees experience their (physical) work environment? Then we would like to talk to you!
As Communications Specialist you will be part of the Campus communications team, led by the Internal Communications Business Partner for Corporate Real Estate, and help to inform, engage and thrill employees of ASML Netherlands throughout the transformation to the future ASML Campus Veldhoven.
Your main focus in the Campus communications team is to be the employees’ advocate when working together with the Corporate Real Estate project managers. In this collaboration you identify the impact to the employees’ day-to-day work experience on Campus. You challenge the project managers when needed, but mainly work together with them to drive and execute effective and timely communications to employees. You take a hands-on approach and would proactively visit the locations on Campus to get a firsthand experience of what employees encounter and to identify optimal functional communication at each location. Furthermore, as part of the Campus communications team, you will plan, execute, measure and evaluate communications initiatives and create written and multimedia content. In this role, your activities will touch colleagues throughout ASML. And of course, you have exceptional writing and communication skills (native English standard).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- 5-10 years' proven experience and track record in developing and implementing internal communications plans in an international environment
- Experience in working within the Corporate Real Estate, Facility management or Construction sector is preferable
- Proven track record in hands-on development of powerful communications that positively impact attitudes and behaviors
- Preferably within an engineering field and a strong affinity with the engineering mindset.
- Excellent knowledge of internal communication channels.
- Creativity: Shapes ideas and improves and makes ready for execution. Understands creativity as a concept and discipline to shape ideas and narrow down to functional essence. Selects right option(s) from limited set with ability to connect/judge if output is in line with ASML brand.
- Writing & Presentation skills, including internal news, scripts, scenarios, presentation support, stage work: Comfortable with writing style that effectively informs. Secure grasp of English spelling, grammar, writing mechanics and punctuation. Exhibits skills in writing, analyzes source material. Clear language and aware of what makes messaging resonate and shareable.
- Technology and Audience understanding: Has an affinity with technology, understands the engineering process and can tune communications to resonate with an audience known for its no-nonsense, plain speaking and ‘getting things done’ approach. Develops a good knowledge of general lithography plus some specialist fields.
- Critical thinking & analytical skills, deals with complexity, information processing: Awareness of complexity and actively seeks explanation. Regularly goes through ‘What if’ scenarios. Suggests potential solutions and works productively in the face of ambiguity.
- Planning & measurement abilities: Plans own work and assigned projects. Understands tools and technologies that drive data analysis and measurement and applies them. Starts prioritizing while executing plan. Recognizes power and relevance of measurement. Proposes metrics to improve. Builds measurement into plans and applies best practice measurement tools.
- Focus on delivering value, creating impact, delivering tangible business outcomes for ASML and (internal) customers: Aware of the communications objectives in assigned plans and realizes project deliverables as agreed based on approved demand. Intakes demand and advises how to execute and manage expectations. Takes initiative and responsibility to create a plan and drive the execution. Counsels others how to generate results vs. perform activities. Able to translate business objectives into clear, compelling, meaningful communications programs.
- ASML cultural sensitivity (multicultural, results driven, entrepreneurial, assertive, resilient, caring/inclusive): Checks if the activity is set up for a multicultural audience and meets our values. Drives adjustments to meet the standards of a multicultural audience and our values. Challenges the concept if it matches the needs of our multicultural audience. Ensures that the multicultural audience is involved in the project plan.
- Assertiveness, tenacity, goal orientation, focus on end-result (identify opportunities and agility to see alternative strategies to accomplish goals): Consistently meets the objectives of assigned tasks. Deals with complex tasks and sets high standards for own performance. Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve meaningful results. Shows determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks. Adopts a flexible approach in addressing hurdles.
- Proactively share information (up & down), strong and effective communications: Communicates the status and completion of assignments in timely fashion. Clear, concise, professional and thorough in communication. Shares information without being asked, based on understanding of others’ needs. Practices active and attentive listening skills to verify understanding. Shares own knowledge and best-practices to assist others’ development.
- Successfully support change programs and projects: Be open to change and executes given tasks to support change programs. Understands why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization and can translate into recommendations in own area. Communicates to employees/stakeholders on why/what/how the change will impact employees and organization. Suggests effective approaches to create a safe/engaged environment for employees feedback and willingness to change.
Start date: asap
End date: 12 months after start date, extension might be possible till maximum of 24 months
Minimum hours: 36 hours
Building a cutting-edge campus for a world leader in technology. ASML is currently transforming its Campus Veldhoven to offer an inspirational work environment for over 16,000 by the end of 2022. At the heart of the campus is the pride and energy of the ASML community, with efficiency, services, sustainability and well-being at its core. It is an environment that inspires, connects and energizes employees and visitors. It is hassle-free and supports easy access and mobility and a healthy work-life balance.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Jesse Kuiper via telefoonnummer 06-13283947
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.