Formulation is the key!
Over de functie
Yacht Life Sciences has a vacancy for a Senior Associate Scientist in Formulation Science & Technology.
The Drug Product Development (DPD) department consists of five teams that work closely together: Formulation Development (FD), Process Development (PD), Manufacturing (Mfg), Formulation Science & Technology (FST), and Technical Integrators (TI). The DPD department develops the bulk drug substance and drug product formulations, the aseptic compounding and fill/finish processes, and oversees DP manufacturing at fill/finish sites within and outside Janssen. The department is embedded in the broader Vaccine Process & Analytical Development (VPAD) organization and collaborates with the clinical (supply) teams to define the storage and distribution network, and to generate in-use stability data.
The FST group is involved as of developability assessments of new compounds and responsible for early formulation development, up to and including Tox and phase1/2a clinical studies. In addition, responsibilities include the evaluation of novel technologies as well as formulation improvements for life cycle management of our next generation of vaccines.
You will plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support continuous improvement projects focusing on the development of enabling technologies (e.g. vaccine delivery systems, adjuvants, alternative route of administrations). You will perform data analysis and write scientific reports. On one end, you will work close together with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work. On the other, you work closely together with the formulation development scientists and fill/finish engineers to translate the results of the development work into novel applications and products. You may also represent FST in a multi-disciplinary project team, operating at the interface with discovery groups, and will support the implementation of new programs and/or technologies into development.
- Designs and executes experiments to reach the project targets. Accountable for accompanying documentation such as Study Plans and Study Reports.
- Adheres to timelines for performing experiments.
- Participates in cross-departmental technology and investigation teams.
- Accountable for proper recording of information and collection of the data and for review of experimental results.
- Discusses problems and presents plans and data in internal scientific meetings.
- Ensures the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments.
- Challenges the status-quo; leads and adapts to change.
- Value creation. Is responsible for innovation, conception of new ideas. Creates Intellectual Property. Is insight-driven to uncover unmet needs.
- Complies to EHS and GRP-standards and has solid JnJ Credo awareness acting accordingly
Key Performance Indicators:
- Delivers assigned project deliverables with high quality, within budget and timelines.
- Able to think and challenge beyond own expertise area.
- Takes quick action driven by scientific curiosity.
- Personal targets
- BSc (with industry experience) or MSc/PharmD/PDEng in a relevant discipline in biopharmaceutical sciences/engineering, biotechnology or analytical development.
- At least 4 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment.
- Must have at least some familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, drug delivery systems
- Must have a working knowledge of biophysical and chemical characterization techniques. Expertise related to emerging field of data sciences is considered a plus.
- Fluency in English
- Pro-active, flexible, and enjoys working in a team. Creativity and out-of-the-box mindset are key for this position.
We offer a challenging position which allows you to work in a dynamic and international environment, ensuring diversity in your work and creating plenty of opportunities for personal development. This concerns a full-time secondment contract for 1 year (extension is possible).
We will offer a competitive benefits package in line with the seniority of the position (salary between 3200 and 4400 euro gross per 4 week period). You will become a member of a strong professional network who shares your education, ambitions and competencies. This will enable you to interact with your colleagues and become a member of the YACHT network, which stretches the Life Science industry. You will be challenged by your peers and will be able to follow courses and training via our Yacht Academy and keep your knowledge and skills up-to-date: boosting your career through personal and scientific growth.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Their teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In their organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. They are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
Voor meer informatie neem je contact op met Edwin Parlevliet via telefoonnummer 06-12387998
Werken voor Yacht
Yacht is dé organisatie van en voor professionals. Wij verbinden professionals en organisaties die het verschil willen maken. Ons doel is optimaal resultaat: jou als professional uitdagend werk bieden waarmee jij de organisaties van onze opdrachtgevers blijvend verbetert. Behoor jij tot de beste professionals in jouw vak? Wil je samen met vakgenoten het verschil maken bij toonaangevende organisaties? We geloven dat diverse teams van belang zijn voor ons als lerende organisatie die voorop wil blijven lopen in de wereld van werk. Want juist verschillen tussen mensen zorgen voor groei. Van collega's, klanten, kandidaten en daarmee van Yacht. Heb jij een uniek talent? We ontmoeten je graag.
Uiteraard staat deze vacature open voor iedereen die zich hierin herkent.